Friday, October 26, 2012

Pecos, Texas!

Today has been so much fun, even though my eyes are still pink and my nose keeps stopping up. This morning when I got up, it was raining pretty hard outside, as was my nose, so while I drank my first cup of coffee and used up five or six Kleenex tissues, I started a load of clothes washing and then I checked my e-mail and found out that several of our volunteers weren't going to be coming out, because it was thundering in Kerrville with heavy rain. Then I started fixing breakfast for Tony and me.

Around 10:00, our friends/volunteers, Kris and Jim, "The Mineral Man," showed up to walk our dogs, but because it was chilly and the wind was blowing, we invited them to come inside and drink a cup of coffee with us and Tony and I had so much fun with them.

While we were drinking coffee, I told them about a woman, being rude to me yesterday, because she thought I had purposefully jumped in front of her to get into a line, which I hadn't done, because I didn't see her and after I welcomed to let her go in front of me, she apologized to me. Then they made us laugh about a store owner, in Kerrville, who told them yesterday, about a little old woman, arguing politics and religion with him and getting so mad at him, she hit him on the head with her Bible and then with her purse. "I bet you it was the same lady." I joked.

A little after 11:00, my dear friend Maribeth, from Utopia, who we knew was coming out to visit us, arrived and after introductions to Kris and The Mineral Man, it was like we had been old friends who have known each other forever and there was a lot of laughter.

After Kris and Jim left to go back home, while Maribeth and I were laughing about what I had written about her fictional character in my novella, the phone rang and it was this nice woman, from Pecos, Texas, calling to see if we had her Blue Heeler, because a friend of hers on Facebook had read my blog and told her about us rescuing Pecos Bill, from a man driving through Pecos, but after Tony had talked to her and then asked her to check my Pecos Bill post, so she could look at Pecos Bill's picture, she told Tone, that our Pecos Bill was definitely not her dog and then she thanked Tony for all of his helpful information on how to help find her dog. And that is about it for tonight and we wish the woman luck finding her lost Blue Heeler.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: