Monday, August 13, 2012

Hi, I'm Ceily! or Candace!


Today has been great. For lunch I fixed us one of Tony's favorite recipes, that I stole a few years ago, from someone.

Cousin Nancy's Pesto Pasta With Shrimp

A.  Whole Wheat Pasta (start cooking it)
B.  Heat up a skillet with
            2 Tbs. Olive Oil (For about 3-4 minutes)

C.   Then Add:  
            ½ pound of Medium Shrimp peeled and uncooked
            ½ Tbs. of Minced Garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes

D. In a bowl mix:
            1 Tbs. Seasoned Salt or Regular Salt
             ½ cup of Chicken Broth
             ½ cup of Pesto
             ½ cup of halved Cherry Tomatoes

E. When the shrimp is cooked pour in the above mixture and let simmer for 5 minutes.

F.  Mix Pasta and Shrimp Pesto sauce together and top with:
           ½ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
           ½ cup of fresh, chopped Basil

G. Enjoy!

Serves 2 really hungry people or 4 not starving people.
                                                      ________________________
                
Around noon, when we started to eat our lunch, our inside dogs started barking, so Tony went outside to the porch, to see what was going on. Then he stepped back inside and said, "Some one is driving in." Then we went outside to greet two very friendly women, who had arrived a little bit early for their 2:00 appointment. 

When they apologized for showing up early, because they weren't sure how long it would take them to get here, I explained that we had just started to eat our lunch, so they asked if they could take a walk around the rescue ranch, while Tone and I finished eating our lunch. I answer was, "Sure, check it out. We'll be done in about 10 minutes." Then we took off in different directions.

Twenty minutes later, after I had cleaned up the kitchen, T. and I went outside and jumped into Kermit, to go find Marsha and her friend. (Because I am hard of hearing, I didn't hear Marsha's friend's name real well when we first met, but I think she said, "Hi, I'm Ceily.")

Marsha and Ceily had come to visit us, because their no-kill, animal rescue group, PAWS Shelter & Humane Society, located in Kyle, Texas, has been given some land and they are expanding and they wanted to come see our place and meet us.

After we found these really, nice, caring women, we walked down to the barn and while we were standing there, talking about animal rescue, we saw two cars driving in. "Are these people a part of y'all's group?" I asked.

"No, we don't know who it is?" Marsha said.

When the cars drove up to us and stopped, a friendly woman says, "Hi! I doubt if you remember us. My family adopted a dog from y'all last year and we're here to bring y'all some dog food and some doggie shampoo."

"Well, that sounds great," I said. "Thank you, very much. What dog did y'all adopt from us?"

The woman says, "Candace Bergen and she is a great dog. We really love her." Even though I remembered the name I couldn't remember who Candace was or her story.

"Martha Stewart's pup," Tony said, trying to help me remember. "And George Clooney's sister."

"Yes. Now, I remember her." After I had thanked her, again, Tony jumped into Kermit, so they could go unload the dog food and shampoo. And because it was starting to get hot outside, I invited Marsha and Ceily to come with me to my writing cabin, so we could continue our fun visit.

Tony and I really enjoyed our visit with Martha and Ceily today and we are so glad to know them and we wish them continued success with their rescue efforts. "Thanks for coming to see us today. And Ceily, I do apologize for not getting your name right."

This evening, before I sat down to write this, I pulled Candace Bergen's records to find out when she was adopted and believe it or not—Ashley and Hugh adopted her one year from today, on August 13, 2011, right after they had picked their son up from camp and I think that is pretty cool. "Hugh and Ashley and family, we loved the photos of Candace. Thanks again, for adopting her!"

Because of some possible severe thunderstorms coming sooner than later tonight and because I want to learn a new song on my guitar and do a little more work on Roy's portrait, that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Wow what a small world - my rescue red heeler "Siren" was adopted from PAWS in Kyle back in 2005! They are very nice people indeed! Some day I'll have to send them a note and some pictures of what a great dog the girl they had called "Laverne" turned out to be! Siren won the High-Scoring Rescue Dog in Versatility at the 2009 Aust. Cattle Dog Nationals. She competed and qualified in both cattle and sheep herding, obedience, rally and agility! We had a great time! You know that I am among those who know that rescues can make great dogs!
Thank you so much, Nancy, for the update about the future move of the PAWS shelter!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! That is so cool about you adopting Siren from them. It really is a small world. Thank you, for the comment.

The Kress Family said...

Cousin Nancy-
We enjoyed seeing you and Tony and telling you all about Candace (Medina's) adventures with us this past year. To say the least, she is an unbelievably loving and energetic dog and we love her!! We had no idea it was the exact date we adopted her last year- so cool!

Give Martha Stewart and George Clooney hugs for us!

Thanks so much for everything!

Love,
The Kresses
Hugh, Ashley, Miller, Blakeley and Byron