Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wild Zinnias!

Last night I ended up watching, When Harry Met Sally, and I loved it, even though I watch that movie at least once a year, because it is so cute and it makes me laugh a lot.

Today has been good. This morning, while Tony did the chores outside, I decided to stay inside, so I could deep clean The Cabin.

Around 10:00, our dogs started barking inside, so I went outside to see what was going on and when I saw a big, fancy pickup pull up to the Okay Corral, followed by Tony, I left our yard to go greet the visitors. "Nance, Joe and Cecil have just started a rescue ranch," Tony said. "They wanted to come out to see how we did it and do it."

After Joe and Cecil introduced me to Carol, a sweet, young woman, who wants to be a vet and helps them with their dogs, I gave them a tour of our rescue ranch, while Tony went back to doing his chores.

Even though I liked Joe, Cecil and Carol and I had really enjoyed visiting with them, I didn't invite them to come inside The Cabin, like I would normally do, because Hazel, my lavender vacuum cleaner, was standing upright, in the middle of the big room and some of our furniture was out of place, because I had moved it, so I could deep clean. But fortunately it didn't matter after all, because they couldn't stay, because they needed to get back to their shelter, located near Temple.

Tonight, before I started to write this, I checked to see if any new comments were made on last night's post, because earlier today my dear friend Fay had made a funny comment about when her girls were young and she giving them pomegranates to eat in the bathtub, so they wouldn't get stained.

When I checked my comment box I found that my good friend Mari, of The NoMads, had made this funny comment too:

"Those wildflowers look just like zinnias...Methinks some 'tame' seeds snuck into the wildflower package..."

Because I immediately burst out laughing when I read her comment I answered her back with this:

"Hi Mari! Thanks for making us laugh. I just told Tony, "Maybe they are wild Zinnias!""

Then I grabbed my camera and took this picture of my wild flowers, that Tony had handpicked for me, earlier this morning.


And that's about it for tonight, because I'm fixin' to go watch Dallas, that I recorded last night, while I was watching, When Harry Met Sally.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: