Sunday, June 3, 2012

Slowly Sinking!

Today has been great. My day was made great, late this afternoon, at the big H-E-B store, in Kerrville. While  I was in the dog isle buying dog food for our fur family and Tony was outside filling up Trigger, so we could make it back home, a sweet woman said, "Hi, Cousin Nancy!"

I smiled and recognized her friendly face, but my memory would not help me remember her name. "Harley," she said, trying to help me out, since my mind had gone totally blank. "I'm Bernie and we adopted Harley from you and I've been wanting to call you for days, to talk to you about him." My heart started slowing sinking, next to the canned dog food shelves.

"Oh yes, Bernie, now I remember you and that sweet son of yours?"

"Alex. Anyway, I wanted you to know that Harley is the greatest dog that we have ever had and that he is the best thing that has ever happened to Alex. Harley is his best friend and constant companion and Harley loves to play with Alex and his friends." I began to feeling goose bumps running up and down my arms, because of her good news.

"Oh, Bernie, you have literally just made my day great and I can't thank you enough! We loved Harley and we knew that he was one very fine dog, even though he was with us for a mighty long time." Then I started to tear up a little, so I wiped my eyes dry. "We cannot thank you and Alex enough for adopting one of our old timers and giving him a wonderful, loving home." Then I had to push my cart up a few feet, so this man could get to the canned dog food. "His was a great adoption, because we especially love it when one of the old timers finally finds their forever home. I am so glad that we ran into each other, in the dog isle of all places and I cannot wait to tell Tony and Kinky this great news about Harley....Bernie, please give Harley a big hug from Tony and me and please tell him that we love him and that we are so happy for him."

"I certainly will, Nancy..." After we adios-ed each other, I hurried through the grocery store and filled up my shopping cart.

While T. was putting our groceries inside Trigger, I told him all about meeting Bernie, in the dog isle and her great Harley update. And to say the least, "It made Tony's day great, too."


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: