Monday, June 4, 2012

To Marry Or Bury!

Today has been great. This morning while I was outside helping Tony with the morning chores, I started thinking about what I would wear, if I marry or bury someone and then I started really worrying about it, because I don't want to wear a old ladies dress, because I don't like wearing dresses, etc. and besides that I would look more frumpier than I am.

So, when my poop scooping was done and the dog pens were clean I came inside, got on my lap top and went to Amazon and typed in "clergy robes," because I had already decided that I would just wear my regular clothes and cover them up with a robe.

Omg! When I started looking at them and scrolling down the pages I didn't know if I should laugh or scream. Some of the robes were Halloween costumes and they were really cheap. Some of the robes were really scary-looking and they reminded me of the grim reaper, which I guess I could wear at funerals to make people laugh instead of crying, or to weddings that everyone knew were obviously doomed from the get-go.

My two favorite robes were the "Padre Traveling Priest Robe"which was under $24.99 and I could wear my cowboy hat with it and the "Super Deluxe Monk Robe" was pretty cool too and it came with a hood, so I could cover up my long, white, thinning hair, but it was a lot more expensive, but after thinking about it for a while, I decided not to buy either. Then I went to check my e-mail.

Our dear friend and super talented videographer, Gerry Olert, from San Antone, had sent me a great video to watch, that he made of Kinky's performance at the Kerrville Folk Festival and Kinky's Man In Black Tequila, bottle signing party at Spec's, in Kerrville and it was absolutely fabulous, of course. So, please check it out.

Early this evening, Tony and I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and his sister Marcie, because Kink is leaving for the San Antone airport, in the wee small hours of the morning, to begin his East Coast, "Bi-Polar Tour."

While the four of us sat out on his porch, watching his faithful flock of thirsty Hummingbirds quickly draining his feeders, I told them about looking at priest robes today and me not wanting to wear frumpy-looking clothes. "I think you should wear a cape, Nance," Kinky said, which made all of us start laughing.

"Yeah right, Kink," I shot back. "Or better yet, I could just wear assorted colored bath towels, attached to my shoulders, using wooden clothespins, like Ronnie and I did when we were kids, pretending to be Super Man, as we jumped off of the roof, in hopes of landing, on the hedges..." And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking of your clergy clothes,reverand;could be totally white or totally navy blue. jeans and a lovely shirt. your pink boots would look great with either:)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anonymous! Blue jeans, a lovely shirt and my pink boots is it. Thank you for the comment.