Monday, June 25, 2012

Thirty Hours!

Today has been a nice, quiet day. This morning I helped Tony with the morning chores outside and it was harder than usual, because Kermit is temporarily dead, because of a dead battery. While Tony was in town this morning he purchased a replacement battery for Kermit this morning, but the new battery cannot be used yet, because the directions on the battery said that after adding the acid, that came with the battery, it cannot be used, for thirty hours after adding the acid, so we were on foot, the whole time this morning.

The only good thing to come out of all of this "thirty hours waiting period" is we walked around outside for nearly two hours and we got our exercise in, for the day. Even though we have never had to add acid, that comes attached to the battery, or have had to wait thirty hours before usage, I have a whole new appreciation for Kermit.

This afternoon, while cooking up another Cousin Nancy Freata, using olive oil, to saute diced onions, minced garlic, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, sliced tomatoes and red bellpepper—Kinky called me from the road, so I put him on speakerphone, so I could continue cooking our lunch.

"Hey, Nance! How are you doing?"

"Hi, Kinky! I'm fine. Where are you?"

"I'm on my way to Rochester," Kinky said, sounding upbeat."

"How's your Bi-Polar Tour going?"

"It's been really great. Every gig has been sold out and I've met some really nice people along the way," he said, as I began cracking five of our Golden Girls' eggs into a bowl.

"How's Tony doing?"

"He's fine. In fact, we're all doing fine," I said, as I dumped a handful of crushed Fritos into the bowl of eggs and began mixing them together. "Not much has been going on these past few days, so I have been getting a lot of writing done on my mystery novel."

"How's Toto doing?"Kinky asked, as I poured the egg mixture into the hotter-than-hot skillet.

"He's really been slowing down lately. He has his good days and he his bad days and it seems that all he wants to do is sleep," I said, as I added small cubes of Muenster cheese into the hot skillet, filled with the sauteed vegetables and egg mixture and began to stir.

"I'll be back at the ranch, on the morning of July 2nd, Nance," Kinky said, as I sprinkled some crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese into the skillet and then stirred some more.

"That's great, Kinky," We've missed you and I can't wait to see you," I said, as I slowly stirred everything around, in the skillet, for one last time, because the eggs had already set.

"I've missed, y'all too," he said, as I removed the hot, heavy, red enameled, cast iron skillet, from the stove top. "Keep up the good work that y'all are doing, Nance and please tell Tony that I send him my best."

"Will do, Kink. Have fun. Bye," I said.

"Bye, Nance. Take care."

"Tony!" I half-hollered, so he could hear me in his office. "Lunch is ready!" Then I turned off the phone and we enjoyed eating another delicious Cousin Nancy Freata (Frittata). And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: