Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just Ain't Worth Eating!

This morning I cooked Aretha Frankensteins Insanely Great Pancakes for breakfast and we about fell out of our chairs, because they are absolutely the best pancakes that we have ever eaten and I am not kidding!

I followed the easy directions carefully. I used one egg, from The Golden Girls, buttermilk, canola oil with the correct amount of Aretha's mix and then I decided to add some chopped pecans, because we love pecan pancakes. When I took this picture, I realized that I had used low fat buttermilk, but I don't think it mattered, because like Eileen had promised me—"The pancakes were to die for!"


While I cooked up our pancakes I took this picture of one pancake cooking in the skillet and I could just shoot myself for forgetting to take another picture of the fully cooked pancakes, because we had eaten them all up before I thought about taking a picture of a cooked one.


While Tony and I ate our delicious breakfast, in between bites, we vowed that we would only eat Aretha Frankensteins pancakes and no other, for the rest of our lives, because any other pancake just ain't worth eating. 

I hope that all of y'all will order a box of Aretha Frakensteins Insanely Great Pancake Mix, because it will change your thinking about pancakes forever and don't forget to use only real maple syrup, instead of the fake chemical stuff, found on the grocery shelves. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

One of the FAB FOUR (who missed last Friday) said...

I made Aretha Frakensteins Insanely Great pancakes this morning and I almost died til I revived myself by eating another Aretha Frakensteins Insanely Great pancake. I bought a pepper corer at HEB today and about 25 jalapeno pepppers to make poppers. I plan to bring them with me on Friday as a snack. I may share if Tony acts nice to me. Sorry I missed out on the Friday events last week because it sure sounded fun. Let's take up the topic of other cultures' burial/death ceremonies and start with Lisa's story. See you on Friday morning to a clean slate (probation wise).

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Eileen! Thank you so much for the Aretha Frankensteins Insanely Great Pancakes! Tony and I have never eaten a more delicious pancake and I can't wait to cook some up for Kinky. See you on Friday and please note that you are not on probation!