Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wild Birds!

Yesterday was great, because Jim and his sweet granddaughter, Amanda and two of the Fab 4 volunteers; Eileen and Lisa, came out to walk our dogs for us.

Around 11:30, while I was visiting with Eileen, Lisa went to Eileen's car to get something out of it, but she couldn't, "Eileen, your Avalanche is locked."

"No, it isn't," Eileen said, as she and I started walking over to her vehicle. "Try the driver's side," Eileen suggested.

"It's locked too." Lisa replied. "I think you had better call On Star." Then Eileen tried to open the front door to make sure it was locked.

"I can't," Eileen said. "My cell phone, purse and keys are locked inside it." So I suggested we go up to the trailer, aka The Cabin, to use our phone.

When Eileen called On Star and had told them she needed their assistance to unlock her car and had given them all of her secret information, we went outside, with phone in Eileen's hand, to wait for further instructions. When the On Star representative told Eileen to make sure that no one was touching her vehicle, I jumped into Kermit and drove down to her car, to make sure no one was touching it, while the satellite searched for her Pathfinder.

Fifteen minutes later, after four unsuccessful attempts made by On Star to unlock the car, they told Eileen they would immediately send out roadside assistance to unlock it, but they wanted Eileen to remain on the phone. "Call Wayne," Lisa suggested.

"I can't because they want me to stay on the line and we can't use your cell phone, because there is no cell service out here."

"You can use our fax line to call Wayne," I said. So, we came back inside The Cabin, so Eileen could call Wayne and twenty seconds later the problem was solved, when Wayne told her that he would meet us at Koyote Ranch for lunch and give her his key.

Before we took off for Koyote, I wrote down Callie's phone number, because my niece and her boyfriend Forrest, were driving down from Austin, to visit us.

Our lunch with Jim, Amanda, Lisa, Wayne and Eileen was a lot of fun and halfway through it, I excused myself from the table, so I could go outside to call Callie to ask them to meet us at Koyote, instead of the ranch.

After lunch, around 1:00 when we were fixin' to come back go back to the ranch, I told Tony, Eileen and Lisa to go on without me, so I could stay at Koyote, to meet Callie and Forrest and let them bring me back to the ranch, so we adios-ed each other and then they took off in Buttermilk.

Ten minutes later, I called Callie and found out that they were running behind schedule and that her GPS said they were thirty minutes away from Koyote, so I called the ranch because I was going to ask T. to come back and pick me up, but I didn't get T.—I got Carlton, our answering machine.

Feeling uncomfortable, because I was standing outside in the parking lot, with a lot of friendly bikers showing up, I walked down the driveway to Highway 16 to call Tony again and again, in hopes that he would walk inside The Cabin and hear me leaving him a message on Carlton, but that didn't happen.

Around 1:30 my cell phone rang, "Nance, I just walked inside and got your messages. Do you want me to come and get you?"

"I don't know. Callie and Forrest should be here in about ten minutes."

"I am going to come get you, okay?"

"Okay. If Callie and Forrest get here first, we will stay here until you get here. Bye." Two minutes later, Callie and her boyfriend pulled up in her pickup and we visited until Trigger and Tony arrived and then Callie and Forrest followed us back to the ranch for a really fun visit.

Even though it is only 8:43, in the morning, I already know that today is going to be great, because later this afternoon my good friend Sandy Wolfmueller and I are going to Wild Birds Unlimited  presentation on how to attract more Hummingbirds. And that is about it for this morning, because I need to go outside to do my morning chores.

Y'all have a great day!

No comments: