Friday, August 21, 2009

Where's Tony?

This morning, I did not have time to walk, because I needed to clean the trailer, because Wendy Diamond, the founder and editor of her magazine, 'Animal Fair,' along with her camera crew, were coming out to the rescue ranch this afternoon, for an interview and photo shoot with Kinky and me.

Around ten-thirty, the phone rang—it was Kinky. He asked me to come over to the Lodge, because he had something that he wanted to talk to me about. Ten minutes later, I was sitting in the kitchen, with Mr. Magoo, while Kinky talked on his phone in his office. Five minutes later, he and I were outside discussing our upcoming books, then Deborah Hanson called. She needed for Kinky to get her a jpeg picture of the book jacket, so she could post it on Kinky's website. I offered to do it, because it was no big deal. Kinky and I visited for about an hour, then I came home, scanned the book jacket cover and this is what I e-mailed to Debora! I love the jacket and can't wait for it to come out! It's a great book!

After e-mailing Debora, I realized that Tone was gone. I figured that he had gone to Medina for some feed, so I called Kinky and asked if he and Will, Kinky's official dog babysitter, wanted to eat lunch with us. I was fixin' Cousin Nancy's Moo Goo Gai Pan. Kinky asked Will, and they both said yes! Then I went outside and invited Ben to join us, too. He said yes, too!

While I was preparing our lunch, the phone rang—it was Tone. "Nance, pick up the phone. It's me..." I picked up the receiver. Tony told me that he was in Kerrville.

"Why are you in Kerrville?" I asked.

"I bought you a present," Tone replied. "I love my new camera case that you got for me, so I decided to get you a gift. I hope that you will like it. I'll be home in less than twenty minutes. I love you, bye." Then Ben walked inside the trailer.

"Where's Tony?" Ben asked. As I continued to prepare and cook our lunch, I told him about my surprise present that T. had bought for me.

Fifteen minutes later, Tony walked inside the trailer carrying a big pink sack, filled with pink tissue wrapping paper! "I hope you like it, Babe," Tone said, as he handed me the pretty pastel pink sack. I looked inside the bag and pulled out a card. Tony wrote: "Thank you so much for the gift. You can't be an author without these. Love you, Tony."

I then reached inside the pretty sack, and pulled out an expensive pair of Cross writing pens! I love Cross pens! They are the best! I once owned a set of Cross pens, but I lost them over the years, and I haven't been able to afford to replace them. "Tony I love them! I am not going to use them, until I start signing my new book!"

Kinky, Ben, Will and Tony loved my lunch and so did I—I ate too much!

Around three o'clock, Wendy and her camera crew showed up at the rescue ranch! Kinky did his interview with them in Outer Space. I shot this picture of him, holding Wendy's little rescued dog, Lucky Diamond, through the screened door.

The interview was great, and Kinky had a lot to say, and he was very funny. When it was over, Kinky took Wendy and Lucky for a tour of our rescue ranch, followed closely by her camera crew taping them, and Tony tagged along, so he could take some videos for me to possibly use for my blog.

When the tour was done, we all went over to the Lodge, so they could video tape Kinky in the Lodge with The Friedmans. It ended up that Ben's dogs, Penny and Valerie, were the only ones who cooperated with the cameras. Brownie, Chumley and Goo-Man kept running into Kinky's office, and then they would run right back out. It was pretty funny!

While that was going on, I went outside and did an interview with one of the cameramen and it went okay.

This evening, I downloaded my pictures and the short video clips that Tony had taken for me. I first deleted about thirty pictures that weren't great, then I checked out T.'s video clips and about fell out of my chair when I saw this one. It made me smile and tear up at the same time. I've posted it on the sidebar and am also posting it here. I hope you like it. It really touched my heart. Here it is: Kinky's Kind Words About Me

Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

Christy Cotter said...

Nancy,
I want so much to come out and see your ranch!! But I'm old and can't take the heat any more, so I will be out once it cools down into the 90s or so (lol). And I may have a big surprise for you. A blast from your past!!

Christy

cousin nancy said...

Good morning Christy! I would love to meet you in person, and I totally understand about the heat. I'm old, too, and Tony and I have a hard time with the heat. Hopefully, it will rain and cool off soon. I look forward to a visit from you!

DY_Goddess said...

Hi Nancy!
I am catching up on all the info now I'm back from vacation. I love your video, and those are very sweet words from Kinky ; ))
I don't know what dog was barking in the background, but I do know that when I was watching it, Kris stood straight up and I turned the laptop so he would watch and listen and he was very, very intrigued!! I played it a few times for him and it was either a voice he recognized, or the dog was saying something pretty interesting LOL
Hope all is well with you & Tony & Kinky and the rest at the Ranch.
I'll send vacay pics, just have to upload them.
Fay xoxoo

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I hope that your vacation was fun! It is great to hear from you, and that is interesting about Kris! Am looking forward to seeing the picts! I can't wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

faye's pup did all the above, and heard the kinky, and footsteps of the tony. echo hill produced a familiar banter....