Saturday, August 29, 2009

We Said Yes!

Today has been a great day, and I can't believe what all I did, and I am still not tired! Here's how my day went.

I had the dogs and Lucky fed before six o'clock this morning. I washed and dried a load of clothes, while I walked my six fast miles with Leslie Sansone and her bunch. Then I had our breakfast smoothies ready, when Tony returned from the Old Timer, in Medina!

Around eight-fifteen, Hazel came out of the closet, and did her thing inside the trailer. When the floors were bare of hair, I took her outside to clean up the cobwebs on the walls and ceiling of the front porch. Then Hazel went into Outer Space and cleaned it up real nice, too! Then she went back into the closet to rest.

At ten-thirty, while I was returning phone calls, our good friend and dog walking volunteer, Todd Bauer, came out to walk our dogs! When I had returned the last phone call, my ear was starting to ache from talking too much, because I don't like to talk on the phone anymore, especially since my hearing has gone south. I didn't used to be that way, but with the job I have, I get anywhere from twenty to forty phone calls a day—seven days a week, that I must return.

After my last phone call, I put Carlton in charge, because I was done talking on the phone for a while. I needed a break, then the phone rang—it was Kinky. "Good morning, Nance," Kinky said. Can you come over to the Lodge? I want to talk to you about something."

Four minutes later, I was at the Lodge, talking to Kinky about something, in the kitchen. After a short business meeting, Trigger brought me back to the rescue ranch, so I could make lunch for Tony and me. We ate leftovers—my Moo Goo Gai Pan. Even though it was leftovers, it was good.

When the kitchen was clean, I checked my e-mails. Thirty minutes later, I had all of my e-mail answered. Then I felt pooped, so the dogs, and Lucky and me took a thirty-seven minute nap. They slept—I didn't, but I enjoyed just being with them.

Kinky called me, about two-thirty. He asked me to come over to the Lodge, for a visit.

When I arrived at the Lodge, Kinky and Will were sitting at the kitchen table. I pulled up a chair, and we started talking. In less than a minute we were all laughing. I told Will about Fay's comment about him being cute, on the blog. He asked me how old she was, and was she good looking. "Yes, Will," I said. "She is both, and happily married." We laughed, and then we talked about the new sign, and a few other choice subjects. Then Kinky asked us if we wanted to go for a walk with him and The Friedmans. We said yes!

Twenty minutes later, we were back at the Lodge, sitting in the kitchen, again. Then the phone rang, and Kinky went to his office to take the call. Will and I started talking about my book. At one point, Will said, "Nance, you ought to make a commercial for your book!"

I started laughing. "Will, I can't afford to make a commercial, even if it was free."

"No," Will said. "I mean, you should make a video commercial for your blog! It could be real funny, too. You could get Kinky to be in it with you, and y'all could ham it up!" Will and I were laughing, when Kinky returned to the kitchen. We told him about the idea of making a funny commercial for my book, on my blog. Kinky liked the idea!

A few minutes later, Will took off to go hit some golf balls, and Trigger took me home. By the time I had parked Trigger, I had decided to convert part of my writing cabin, into a guest house. And that's when T. walked up, just as I was getting out of the cab. "Tony, I know what I want for my birthday!" Tony sorta tensed up. He seems to do that a lot around me.

"What?"

"I want you to make me a bed for my cabin! Like the one you made for us when we got married, but it needs to be smaller."

Tony smiled. "I can do that," he said. Then I smiled. We then went into my cabin, and I showed him where I was going to put it, and we took measurements! Then I told him about Kinky and me making a blog video clip, commercial, for my book." Here's a picture of the bed that Tony made for us, over ten years ago. I love that bed!

Early this evening, around six o'clock, Kinky called, and he asked me to come over to the Lodge, so we could go on another walk.

During our thirty minute walk, I told Kinky about T. making a bed for me, for my birthday, for my writing, and soon to be guest cabin. Kinky thought it sounded great!

Y'all have a great evening!

P.S. Todd, thank you for coming out to walk our dogs! I'm sorry that I didn't get to visit with you.

1 comment:

DY_Goddess said...

Nancy, I really think I oughta be the first one in your new bed in your guest/writing cabin! Seriously!! I have been saying for almost 3 years I'm going to come and visit... and something always seems to come up. I also have a hard time leaving Kris with anyone. Anyhow, tell Will I really do think he's cute, but, I am happily married as you say, and, as the old saying goes: Once you go Scottish you never go back. LOL!!! Anyhow, I completed my F-IT list, and you're still at the top of my Bucket List so I hope to see you all sooner rather than later!