Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The Traveling Coat Update!

Today has turned out great. Early this morning a little before 6:00, a super loud lightning strike woke me up and it was so loud I forgot to do my morning habit. But don't worry. I did it an hour later while I was drinking some coffee.

We had heavy rain and thunderstorms almost all morning long and when they finally stopped Tony and I high-tailed it to Kerrville to wash and dry a load of clothes and to run a couple of errands.

When we got back home my Willie book had already arrived in the mail and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a hardback edition and not a paperback like the one I gave to Chet. Here's a picture of it, next to my Terlingua Ranch cap.


After putting up the groceries I checked my e-mail. Marita (Hans & Marita, in Norway) sent me this note:

"Hi!
We picked Chet up at the airport this afternoon. He is now sleeping.
Good you lent him a jacket. It’s been snowing here today. Cold wind.
Last week we had summer temperatures. Wearing shorts and flip flops, and now back to boots and jackets. The weather is just crazy. 
Hope y’all are doing well. See you in September – love you!"

So, I am really glad that Chet has my "Jack jacket" to wear over there. And I am more than thrilled that I can now brag about "The Traveling Coat" having spent time in Norway, because not too many people that I know can brag about their jackets crossing the pond and traveling to England and then to Norway.

Anyway, hearing that Chet made it to Norway okay has made my day great after all.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: