Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Pick-UP!

Well, it's official. I'm not sick—thank goodness. It is just a bad case of allergies playing havoc with my head, nose and throat.

Yesterday after we dropped off Henry Standing Bear, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to get his ears flushed and medicated we came back home. As soon as we got back home I took a generic version of Claritin, drank a glass of Emergen-C Super Orange and then I went straight to bed with our dogs—minus 1. 1 being Henry, of course.

A few hours later when I woke up I was feeling a little bit better but still stopped up, so I called my good friend Cindy, in New Mexico, to get some essential oils advice. And I am so glad that I did, because after talking to her I grabbed my essential oils case, that I keep in my office and I pulled out the small bottle of Peppermint essential oil and seconds later I put one drop of Peppermint oil into each nostril.


And that did the trick! I felt immediate relief from my sore throat, stopped up and part-time runny nose. It was totally amazing to me. Instantly, my sore throat went away and it cleared up my sinuses and I could breathe through my honker, again. 

Seriously, it was total relief and I almost felt totally well, except for just feeling tired from working too much. Anyway, I highly recommend using the Peppermint essential oil for allergies.

On my last post I showed you a picture of the black & white checkered entry way that I had painted, looking from the front door, into the cabin. And today I have a much better picture to show you.


Today has been great mainly due to doctoring myself with generic Claritin and using that powerful Peppermint Essential Oil. In fact, Tony's allergies flared up this morning pretty bad and after he had put one drop of Peppermint oil into each of his nostrils—it cured him right up, too.

Early this afternoon Tony and I took off, in JJ Cale, to go pick up Henry, at Hoegemeyers. But before we picked "Hen" up, we went across the street and down a few blocks, to Home Depot, so I could buy a few more cans of pretty, spray paint that I need for my latest "home improvement" project. (And in just a few days I will show you what I needed it for.)

Anyway, after I had picked out four, lovely colored cans of spray paint, we were walking through the store to go check out when I saw this display. "Look, Tony!" I said, as I excitedly pointed to the display. 

Tony looked and said nothing. Obviously, he was not as impressed as I was, probably because he needed to add a few more drops of Peppermint Oil to his nose, but who knows. "I've got to buy one of these things. It is so cool and it's under four dollars. I hope it's not bugged...." 

Tone shrugged his shoulders and then he sneezed real loud, as I was trying to remove my must have item, from the display rack. And when he saw that I was having trouble removing this item, he removed it for me. "Are you seriously going to get that?" Tony asked, followed by a cough. "My throat is getting sore."

Before I spoke a word, I pulled out my little bottle of Peppermint essential oil, from my purse and handed it to him. And while Tony was putting Peppermint oil up his nose I was putting my new Bowl Light, into our shopping cart.


And on our way over to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to pick up Henry I read to him. "Turn your toilet into a night-light! Motion-Activated LED toilet light! Auto on/off. Fits any toilet. Quick & easy! No tools, wiring, no mess. And it changes 7 colors, too and..."

When Tony parked JJ, I guess that he had heard enough about my bowl light, because he told me to stay put. And then he jumped out of the truck and went to go get Henry without me. 

It only took him a couple of minutes to get Henry into our truck, but that had given me enough time for me to suggest, "Let's go to McDonalds and get Henry a Big Mac to celebrate him coming back home."

"Okay, but I'm starving, too...." 

Five minutes later after paying for our lunch, Tony drove JJ up to the window where the sign points and reads "Pick-Up" which I thought was pretty funny, because we were in a pickup. 

Anyway, while I was chuckling to myself about it Tony picked-up our order and sat the bag on JJ's console. Then he drove off a few feet and parked JJ, so we could eat lunch.

Omg, Henry was beside himself when he smelled those delicious, burgers-in-a-bag. "They're really hot, Nance," Tony warned. "You'd better let Henry's cool-off a bit." 

Henry must have read Tony's mind, because Henry immediately sat down and started watching McDonald's customers coming and going, as I placed his soon-to-be-eaten Big Mac, on JJ's dashboard to cool.





One thing that our Henry is well-trained for is not to beg for food. Why I don't know, because we certainly didn't teach him that, but I am glad he doesn't do it. Anyway, when it was finally time to give Hen his "celebration" burger he opened his big mouth real wide, I guess, because he was thinking that I was going to toss the whole thing to him. 


Before I served Henry Standing Bear his delicious, smelling lunch, I grabbed my camera and tried to take a picture of him taking his first burger bite, but sadly the picture turned out fuzzy, because I was twisted around in my seat. But my picture is good enough to show you Henry taking first bite.


And that is about it for tonight, because we're fixin' to go over to the property to work for a few hours. Tony is planning on doing some yard work, while I do my spray painting. And I promise that I will keep y'all posted on the Bowl Light, because if it is as good as it says it is I think it would make a perfect gift to give to all of our friends.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Your place is looking great, Nancy! Sorry about Henry's ears. Ranger has the same ear problem at the moment, allergies we think, as we ALSO have allergies and coughs! Will def check out Peppermint Oil, thanks!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I'm sorry to hear about Ranger having ear problems, too. I definitely think Henry's problem is allergy related too. Please let me know how the essential Peppermint oil works. We love it.