Sunday, September 17, 2017

Cabin In The Woods!

This past week has been really great, but it has flown by so fast. This past Tuesday, our super, sweet dynamic-duo, Donny & Marie Osmond got adopted to a fabulous home. They now live with sweet Amber, Amber's super-cool mom and Amber's two darling kids along with a parrot. It was literally a match, made in heaven and we are so happy for all of them.

The rest of this past week we spent all of our spare time working on our soon-to-be "cabin in the woods." And here are just a few pictures of what all we accomplished. This is the kitchen wall "stripped down" except for the recycled shutters that I repainted and we installed. This bare wall separates the kitchen from the bedroom.


And this is the finished wood-covered kitchen wall, with the black & white checkerboard board counter top that I spent several hours painting. And note those are the old light fixtures that we replaced with ours.


Then I changed my mind. So we moved the shutters to the window, that is above the kitchen sink, installed the stained glass light fixture, above the sink and added a light fixture that will be above the soon-to-be-built kitchen island. And we also built another checker board counter top so it will hide the trash can hidden between those two adjoining walls. And please note that I am in the process of building and painting a cabinet door for the small counter, that will be right next to our stove after we are ready to install it. 


Then we put the refrigerator back in the kitchen and added a little black & white checkerboard which will be right above the stove.


Then we finished putting down the kitchen and big room's floor using new and recycled, old wood. And I finished it off by painting another black & white checkerboard for the entry way.


Then early yesterday morning, Rodney (married to Tony's sweet sister Annie) and their hard-working son Mason and Mason's cute girlfriend, Rachel, arrived and they helped us get a "ton" of outdoor work done. 

Tony's super family adios-ed us early this afternoon, after they did a lot more work for us, over at the property and Tony and I cannot thank them enough for all of their help.

And as I finish writing this today I'm pretty sure that I am coming down with a nasty cold, because my throat is suddenly sore and my nose is all stopped up. I know that it is possible that it could be allergies and I am hoping that it is the case, but time will tell. Anyway, right now I am going to go take a nap with our dogs, so I can re-charge my batteries.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing! 

No comments: