Sunday, May 7, 2017

It's The Little Things!

The last few days have been great. Except for this morning, nothing big actually happened, but it's the little things that have made me so happy.

I know that I may seem weird about always getting excited when little things happen to me, but I can't help it, because it's hereditary. And I am so glad that I have that little quirk, because I like staying on the sunny side of life.

Anyway, this past week four little things kept me smiling. The first thing that totally made my day was receiving my official Texas license plates, for Roy, the used 2012 GMC Sierra, pickup that I purchased a few days before Tony and I went, out to Terlingua, with Carol & Bill.

You may ask how could license plates make me so happy, so I'll tell y'all. Tuesday, Tony brought in our mail and he handed me the plates, wrapped, in brown paper. "Oh I'm glad they finally came," I said. "I hope they will mean something special to me." Then I unwrapped the plates and nearly half-hollered with excitement, "Omg! Look, Tony! This is way too cool!"

Tony looked at them and then he shrugged his shoulders, because he didn't get it. "What's so great about the letters JJC...?"

"It's a sign— JJ Cale! He's dead, but he is one of my most favorite musicians of all times." Tony laughed, but he still seemed to be unimpressed. "He wrote some of the most famous, Rock 'N Roll songs like: Call Me The Breeze, Goin' Down, Crazy MamaAfter Midnight and...." And after I took this picture of Roy's new, super-cool plates, I started playing the YouTube video of JJ Cale playing Cocaine and I cranked up the volume and Tony went outside to put on Roy's license plates for me, before I could tell him that JJ Cale often played with Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Leon Russell and was Elton John's hero.


Wednesday afternoon another great little thing came, in the mail, for me. It was the Drop Spindle that my dear friend, Fay, had purchased for me, to help me spin our dog's hair for Carol's small dog-hair bun. That I'm planning to give her for Christmas. And I absolutely love the drop spindle. In fact, I've already spun about a one foot-long strand of dog-hair. "Thank you, Fay. You made that day great for me."


Thursday afternoon more great little things arrived, in the mail. Well, they are not exactly little things, because the three canvas prints are 16" x 20." I actually received seven canvas prints in all, but they are duplicates of Tony's beautiful picture of "Shalom and Little Jewford" down, by the creek and "The Waiting Game" and "Knock Knock" that are three of our most popular photos and paintings that we've sold.




And if you're considering getting a canvas print I highly recommend using Easy Canvas Prints, because they are the very best at what they do. They are friendly, professional people and fast.

And now the very best, little thing that has made both Tony and my week so great is sweet, little Red Foxx was adopted this morning, at 8:00!

He's that cute, little guy that was adopted from us over four-years ago, but was sadly returned to us, in March, after the woman's husband died. The volunteers and us were so sad that Red had come back to us, but of course, we totally understood the circumstances. 

Then one week later, Rachel, the sweet granddaughter of this couple, found out that Red was here so she called me and asked if she could please adopt Red Foxx, because she and her husband loved Red Foxx so much and that she had promised her grandfather that they would take care of little Red. And before we adios-ed each other that day, I had promised Rachel that we would hold Red Foxx until they could come and get him. And that day was today.

Earlier this week, Tony and I took Mr. Foxx, to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to get the rest of his shots and a health certificate, so he could fly with them, to their home, in Van Nuys, California.


And as I finish typing this post, I am smiling big-time, because right now it is12:17 and Red Foxx is flying the friendly skies, with Rachel & Kenny, to his new forever home, in sunny California. And he didn't have to fly in the cargo section of the plane! 


Y'all have a great Sunday and keep on laughing!

4 comments:

Fay said...

I'm sooo happy for Red Foxx! How great an adoption story is that, they all looks so doggone happy! Yay!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Thank you for sending me the drop spindle and for saving up some dog hair to send me. We are thrilled about Rachel & Kenny coming to the rescue for Red Foxx. When we walked up to the pen and Rachel & Kenny said, "Hi," to the little guy his tail was wagging and then his tail really started wagging like crazy, once he realized they were his family. Tony and I are still talking about his great adoption.

Fay said...

Bad news: I've been collecting dog fur in a Ziploc and Ian put it out with the trash on Thursday becuase he couldn't understand why I would be collecting dog fur to mail to you, Nancy. LOL Good News: I brushed Ranger and combined some other fur from Miss Moneypenny and Wee Lassie. It's washed and almost dry, so expect some in the mail next week! I have to put a Customs sticker on to declare I am mailing you a Gift which is Dog Fur. This ought to go over with some laughs from the Federal Customs officers that read it when it crosses the border!!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Sorry, but I am still laughing about all of this. Please let me know when you ship the dog hair to me, so we can both track it. Who knows? It might get a little "hairy?"