Tuesday, March 28, 2017


Today has been great and Monday morning started out really weird, but it ended up great, too. Now, before I start telling y'all about yesterday morning being strange I want you to know that Tony can vouch that it really did happen, because he was there and he witnessed it, too. Here's what happened.

First off, I want you to know that I doubt if that red and black Martian Watch that I ordered from Morning Save, last week, had anything to do with this phenomenon, because it hasn't even arrived yet. But it is still something to be considered.

So please know that I am not blaming the soon-to-be-mine-forever, multi-functional, super-cool, red and black Martian Watch for what occurred, in our kitchen and the big room. 

I had been sitting, in Outer Space, drinking a delicious cup of decaf Donut Shop Coffee with Little Debbie sleeping soundly, on my lap and I was just enjoying the morning and counting my many blessings before getting started with some rescue ranch paperwork. 

After finishing my wanna-be coffee and having been grateful for all of the many wonderful things in my life, I walked back inside, The Cabin and looked up at the clock, on the wall in the big room. And I was shocked to see that it was 8:37 AM CST, because I had gone outside when it was approximately 9:15 or so I thought. 

Confused about what time it actually was, I looked at the rooster clock, in the kitchen and it was 9:37. And the digital clock, on the stove agreed with the rooster clock—9:37. So I did what I always do, and half-hollered, down the hallway, "Tony! I need for you to please come in here."

Seconds passed before Tony was standing in the big room with me. "What is it?" He asked. "I was trying to download some more photos before I go outside to work." I then pointed to the two clocks, in the kitchen, that agreed with each other about what the correct time was then the one, in the big room, that they both disagreed with about the time. 

As he kept looking back and forth, at the clocks, trying to figure it out, he said, "That's really weird. I was just in here ten minutes ago and they all showed the same time."

"I know. Me, too. I think that we're either experiencing some kind of Intergalactic time-warp here or my poltergeist has returned to bother me again, because it's been a pretty long time since it last visited us. And if you think about it, Tony, the printer has been running great since the last time the poltergeist was here, except for when it was M.I.R. (Mercury In Retrograde) time. It's got to be the poltergeist." Then I laughed as I stared up at the digital clock, and said, "Ha, ha, ha. Very funny. Not really."

Tony chuckled and then he made himself another cup of coffee and then I made myself another cup of decaf. "As soon as I finish drinking this I'll reset that digital clock," I told him, as he went back down the hallway to go back to work on his incredibly great photos.

As I drank my last cup of coffee, for the day, I returned a phone call and then I checked my e-mail and returned a few of my friends e-mails. Then I rinsed out my coffee mug and placed it into the sink. 

And before I was fixin' to go adjust the time, on the wall clock, I took this picture of it and then I quickly snapped a picture of the stove's clock correct time—just to document this true story.

Then I set my camera down, on the kitchen table and turned to go reset the clock—but that didn't happen, because that digital clock was now synced with the other two clocks, in the kitchen. So of course I was excited, so I half-hollered, "Tony!"


"Come here! You're not going to believe this!" Then I heard him grumbling something, as he walked down the hall, but I could not make out what he said. Which is probably good that I don't know.

Anyway, when Tony entered the big room I pointed at the clock, and said, "Look!" Tony looked and then he looked back and forth at all three timekeepers.

"Good," he said. "I'm glad you got it reset."

"I didn't reset the clock, Tony. The poltergeist did it! And I'm almost positive that it wasn't an Intergalactic time-warp like I thought it was." Tony rubbed his forehead and as he was going back outside to do some more work, I said, to deaf ears, "I know the poltergeist did it, because it was jealous about me getting a Martian Watch." Then I shut the front door, turned and stared back at the clock, in the big room, and said, "A'int it funny how time slips away." Then the phone rang—it was Carol.

Today has been great. And to hopefully end this post on the happy side, I want to show y'all a hilarious, (only embarrassing to Tony) photo that our good friend Kris sent to me.

 Last Friday Kris took this picture of Tony and me, because we had both accidentally dressed alike again and they had all been teasing us about it. Anyway this is us wearing our favorite blue & black, plaid, flannel shirts when we ate lunch with our good friends/dog-walking-volunteers, at the Apple Store, in Medina. Kris titled it Twins. 

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: