Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Today Tomorrow!

The past few days have been great and they have flown by so fast—I can't believe that it is already Wednesday. Here his what we've been up to, at the rescue ranch.

Late last Friday afternoon, Tony and I ran several errands and our last stop was, at Home Depot, so we could purchase a Club Cadet Walk Behind Trimmer that my brother Ron had told us about, when we had visited with him, in Dripping Springs.

Ronnie had bragged and told us about how much he loves this trimmer, because it can easily get in and out of small, cramped in spaces, rolls over rocks and stumps easily while whacking down the tall grass and weeds around it—unlike our push-mowers that seem to last only about a year for us. Because, we go through many mower blades several times during the mowing season, because I am accidentally hitting hidden rocks and stumps, etc. when I push mow the grass in our dog pens.

After we purchased this "miracle machine" we went straight home so we could "test drive" it. Omg, after I "trimmed down the thick, tall grass and weeds, in our front and backyards, easily, in record time, without my back aching—it was Tony's turn and he could not wait to try it.

Bottom Line    We love this Cub Cadet Walk Behind Trimmer and it is the best piece of lawn equipment, on the rescue ranch. We joyfully spent Saturday and Sunday outside, taking turns "plowing" down the weeds, thistle and grass, in every dog pen while no longer caring if we hit rocks, roots, stumps, fencing, etc.

And we did all of this in record time too, because it is much smaller and lighter than our push-mowers and it has a 22" cutting range. And we know that it will pay for itself, in less than a month, because we usually have to hire someone to come help us with all of the mowing and weed-eating.

Anyway, we are very thrilled to have this new piece of lawn equipment, because what used to take us at least 30 minutes to push mow a dog pen—now takes only about 10 minutes or less!

Monday morning our good friend Rick came to visit us and we had a lot of fun with him, even though he adios-ed us Tuesday morning, because he had a long list of things to do, before his return to Nicaragua.

I spent yesterday morning and the early part of the afternoon doing rescue ranch paperwork and then later in the day, we went to Kerrville to run a few errands, before going to TNJ Engraving Company, on Water Street, to have those friendly people put on our new rescue ranch signs, on Trigger's and Buttermilk's front doors, because our old rescue ranch signs, which they had put on our vehicles, in 2010, were finally starting to crack from age and the elements.

TNJ Engraving Company has always been one of our favorite businesses, in Kerrville, because they are great people and they do such great work. We've used them since 2010 to make all kinds of ranch signs for our rescue ranch and funny, personal signs too, like "Tony's No Whiner Diner" for his outdoor chuck wagon kitchen.


And while we were waiting, in their lobby, for Patrick and Garrett to remove our old signs and replace them with our new rescue ranch signs, we visited with their friendly staff. And while we were in their lobby, we looked around and noticed that several businesses that we love also use them, too. Like Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic and Herring Printing just to name a few.

Well today has been great. While I was taking care of some rescue ranch paperwork, a nice man  called and he left a message for me and it went something like this. "Hello Nancy. This is Mike. I need to talk to you about a couple of sweet, small, 6 year-old female, litter mates that need rescuing. They are spayed and are house broken as sweet as they can be. My neighbor's wife recently passed away. My friend is having to move soon and I am trying to help him find homes for his precious, little dogs. Nancy, please call me as soon as possible, so we can discuss this...."

This afternoon I called Mike back. "Hello Mike. This is Nancy, at the rescue ranch."

"Hi Nancy," he said. "Thank you for calling me back."

"Mike, do I know you?" I asked, because I was curious.

Mike chuckled, and said, "Not really, but I sort of feel like I know you, because I hear you on Harley's show...." Before Mike and I had adios-ed each other I had told him that we could help and would take in his neighbor's small dogs and Mike told me that he would e-mail me pictures of them. And he did just that. This is Cindy and she only weighs about 12 - 14 pounds.


This is Cindy's sweet, little sister, Misty and she only weighs about 6 pounds. So if you can, please help us spread the news about these two, sweet, adorable, little girls needing loving homes, to all of your friends. And if they are interested please ask them to call me for more information. 


I have a little more news to tell you, but I am running out of time, so I will write more about today tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anything good happen for cindy & misty?