Friday, November 18, 2016

Happy Birthday Day Cindy!

Please note that I wrote this Thursday afternoon and I scheduled it to post tonight @ 7:00. I should be back at the ranch Saturday morning, knock-on-wood.

Today has been great. This morning, around 10:00, Trigger and I left the rescue ranch and went to my brother Ron's & Nita's Ronderosa Ranch, in Dripping Springs. So we could go to my sweet sister's surprise 70th birthday party tonight, in Austin.


So now I can finally show y'all the picture that I painted, last Friday, for Cindy's 70th birthday.
Originally, I thought I knew exactly what I was going to paint for my wonderful sister, because I had decided to do a version of a picture I made, in 1994, when Jim and I lived in Austin.

Anyway when we got our first computer, a Mac, I played around with the Photoshop software and I made this pretty simple computer generated picture of Yoda, my darling, little Boston Terrier, and it still hangs on the wall, in our master bathroom, where our plastic, garden tub is located. And here's that old, somewhat wrinkled picture, that I had titled Mirror Mirror.


I figured that this painting would be a piece of cake, especially since I was planning on painting a small 5"X7" version of it and the title would be Mirror Mirror. 

After I had finished painting the Boston Terrier sitting, on a doggie bed and staring into the mirror, and the three rows of black and white squares, my painting took on it's own life, so I went with the flow and just let it happen. 

It felt like I was in the same zone, where I go to, when I'm writing a book. Seriously, I was totally unaware of the time that was flying by and like Tony often jokes and tells our friends when I do that, "When Nance is writing our trailer could be on fire and she wouldn't even notice. When she's writing, I will tell her that I am going somewhere and when I get back home, she'll ask me where I've been. It's hilarious."

Anyway, my painting ended up turning itself into a multi-media picture. I was using colored pencils, acrylic paints, watercolors, glue, pen and ink and lastly a cropped Polaroid picture of Cindy, Mom and me, in my parents front yard, that Dad took in 1980—36 years ago. 



So as I finish writing this our trailer is on fire and where is Tony? Not Really. I am having a wonderful time at Cindy's surprise 70th birthday party. "Happy Birthday Cindy, I LOVE you so much and I thank you for being my best friend and I do know how lucky I am to have you as my OLDER sister!" 

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gift of the heart from the heart.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Cindy loved it!