Wednesday, November 23, 2016

An Old, Cute, Goofy Couple!

Today has been great, except for one thing and it upset Tony more than it did me. Actually, I thought it was totally hilarious and was bound to happen to us sooner than later. To keep it simple we'll call it a "Wardrobe Malfunction" sort of. Anyway, I am still laughing about it and that is why I am writing about it tonight.

You see, about a month ago or so, Tony and I were at Walmart for some reason that I can't remember now. Anyway, while we were there we saw these pretty, men's button-down collar, flannel shirts that were on sale for only $8.00.

We love to wear flannel shirts and because I really love button-down collar shirts we decided to buy 3 for each one of us. And after we wore them a few times and I had washed them we decided to go back to Walmart and buy a few more if they were still on sale. Bottom line—we each bought 3 more flannel shirts, again.

Well, it turns out that Tony's favorite flannel shirt is this dark blue plaid and it is also my favorite, too. So by now you must have figured out where this story is headed. Seriously, without either one of us knowing or paying attention to the fact that we were wearing the same dark, blue, plaid shirts when we took off for Kerrville, to eat lunch, at the Cracker Barrel, because I wanted to eat there, so I could eat a turkey, Thanksgiving dinner.

When we were about ten miles from the Kerrville City Limits, Tony said, "Omg! I knew this was going to happen. We are dressed alike." I laughed about it, but he didn't.

"Good grief, Tony," I remarked. "Who cares? It is no big deal if you ask me. Besides that, people will just laugh and think that we are a cute, old couple that likes to dress alike." Tony said nothing.

So, when we got our table, at the Cracker Barrel, in the middle room, this sweet, perky waitress walks up to our table, and she says, "That is so cute that y'all are both wearing matching outfits." And I nodded yes, as she handed us our menus, while Tone turned as red as his next favorite, new, buttoned-down flannel, red plaid shirt that he bought, which thank goodness I hadn't bought, because red is not my color—pink is.

And to make a long story short, we enjoyed eating our lunch, even though we both ordered the exact same thing—their Chicken Pot Pie Special. Because I sadly found out from our waitress that they weren't serving turkey dinners until tomorrow. And I am betting that our attentive waitress is still laughing about us being an old, cute, goofy couple that dresses alike and also orders the same thing, at restaurants.

Before going back home, we went to the big H-E-B to pick up a few more groceries, even though we had sworn not to do that, because we knew it would be packed with people, again, because tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. And we survived that, even though several people stared at us for wearing matching clothes.

And in hopes of ending tonight's post on a good note, when we got back home, from Kerrville, we rescued a 3-4 year old, sweet, female Chihuahua mix, from Hoegemeyer's Animal Clinic, because Kathy had called us and left a message about them trying to help find a home for this sweet, lovable Chi-mix, that their elderly client could no longer keep, because of some health related issues.

We are planning to pick her up on Friday or Saturday. So, if any of y'all know someone wanting to adopt a small, sweet companion dog, please ask them to call us, so we can get her into a forever-loving home. And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: