Monday, September 10, 2012

Your Biscuit! or The Way It Was!

The reason that I did not write last night was because my back was aching and I was really pooped. The reason for me being pooped and my back aching last night is actually pretty funny now, that I can look back at it and my back doesn't hurt this evening.

As you already know, last Friday night I spent the evening reupholstering two chairs, inside my writing cabin, after Ben had helped me haul off the super heavy blue couch and several other things to the storage barn. Ben had also moved two heavy chairs and a couch around, inside my writing cabin, so I could redecorate it, because I had decided to turn one of the rooms into an actual bedroom.

Well, I spent most of the day Saturday, even though Ben was still out here helping us and we were having fun, wondering if I had made a big decorating mistake, because I wasn't real happy with the way the new visiting room looked and I was starting to have serious doubts about putting a bed into the cabin, because I knew that a lot of visitors would ask me if they could stay there and it would be very hard for me to tell them, "No, I'm sorry, we need our privacy and time off and..."

Sunday morning, after Tony and I had done our morning chores outside and we had cleaned ourselves up, he took me to a late breakfast at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn restaurant, in Kerrville.

Because T. knows me so well and he knew that I was semi-depressed about the condition of my pretty, pink writing cabin, without me even saying a word about it, he nonchalantly says, "Nance, I don't like the way the new visiting room looks. I think you should ditch your bedroom decorating plans and just put everything back the way it was."

His words absolutely thrilled me, because that was exactly what I wanted to do, but I was too embarrassed to admit it. "I'll help you, as soon as we get back home. Are you going to eat your biscuit?" And that is why I did not write last night, because Mama, Roy and I spent a few hours outside, sitting inside my beautiful restored cabin. "Thank you, Tone! I love it!"

Today has been great, but it has been a quiet day. Early this evening I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and The Friedmans. He and I sat outside, in his rocking chairs, on his front porch and we watched his dogs play, while the Hummingbirds drank from his feeders and we talked about the weather, the movie Bernie, his thirty-something plants that will need to be moved inside the Lodge soon and the rescue ranch, etc. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Hi Nancy, I feel sorry, I thought I´ve got a bed at your ranch, but of course I respect your privacy!

cousin nancy said...

Good morning Karin! I think Ellen has a bed for you and Air Gun. Thanks for commenting.