Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Boy From Ipanema!

Today has been great. This morning Tony and I were outside at 6:15, using flashlights to help us feed the dogs, chickens, deer and pigs, because he had to leave at 7:15, to go to his Texas Master Naturalist class, in Kerrville.

After he and Buttermilk drove away, I came inside The Cabin, to drink my second cup of coffee and then I went back outside to clean the dog pens. Then I came back inside and took a shower and then I returned some phone calls.

The two most important phone calls I returned were to Gail and to Suzanna. Gail had called to ask me a few questions and to tell me that she is coming out Saturday morning to adopt Annie Oakley and George Clooney. And Suzanna's call was about her wanting to adopt a small dog from us, so it could be a companion for Ousie, her sweet, four-year-old French Bulldog. When all was said and done, Suzanna had made an appointment to come out around 3:30 today, so she could meet Lola Falana aka iPod, the sweet little Chihuahua mix that we have been fostering.

Around 11:30, Trigger and I took off for Kerrville, so I could run a few errands before meeting Kinky, Tone, Big G and his brother Larry for a late lunch. After going to Office Max, H-E-B and the cleaners, I arrived at 1:28 and everyone was already there, placing their orders at the counter.

Lunch was a lot of fun, especially after they had quit talking politics. When Larry, Big G's older and taller brother, who was visiting him, told us about his interesting job in Rio de Janeiro and the heavy traffic he has to put up with, in Ipanema, I chuckled and said, "Larry, you're the boy from Ipanema," as Big G began humming the Girl From Ipanema tune. Then we got into a hilarious, short-lived argument with Kinky, when I said, "Kinky, it was a 'Erb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass song."

"No, it wasn't a 'Erb, Herb Alpert song," Kinky disagreed. "It's a Stan Getz song and..."

"It was also a Frank Sinatra, Dionne Warwick and Amy Winehouse song, too," I said, just to tease him.

Late this afternoon Suzanna came out and she and Lola aka iPod fell in love with each other and after a fun visit with Suzanna, in Outer Space, she told us that she would come out on Saturday to pick up Lola aka iPod, because she wanted to get her new dog a new dog collar, leash, harness, toys, doggie bed, etc. and Lola / iPod can't wait to go live with her and Ousie, in San Antonio. And that is about it for tonight, because I am fixin' to learn how to play Petula Clark's version of, The Boy From Ipanema, on my guitar. "Tall and tan and..."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: