Monday, September 17, 2012

Her Recliner!

Today has been so great, but I must keep tonight's post short, because since yesterday, I have been on a roll—writing my book and I am so excited about how it is turning out.

This afternoon, after we ran several errands in Kerrville, we met  Kinky and Big G for a late lunch and I really enjoyed it, except when they discussed politics. While we were eating lunch, Kinky gave Big G and us a copy of the new Jesse Dayton CD to listen to, that is fixin' to be available this Fall, called, Jesse Sings Kinky.

The Kinky songs that Jesse recorded are some of my favorite Kinky songs and after listening to the CD on our return trip home—all I can say is, "It is a great CD and Tony and I love it."

When we returned home, Gail, the sweet woman who adopted George Clooney and Annie Oakley from us on Saturday, had left a message on Carlton, about needing to speak to me about them and that made me instantly sad. "I'm fixin' to call Gail back. I guess Annie and George were just too much for her."

Well, guess what?  I guessed wrong! When I called Gail, the first thing Gail said to me was, "First off, please don't worry. The dogs are doing fabulous, but I need your advice about..." After we had a discussion about them getting porcupine-ed, this past Labor Day, Gail told me that I was dead wrong about thinking that Annie preferred to be outdoors, because she told me that the first thing Annie did when she got them home, was to run and jump on Gail's lounge chair. "She's claimed my chair as her chair and she never leaves it."

Before Gail and I adios-ed each other, she also told me that she is going to send me some hilarious pictures of Annie sleeping on her back and in other odd positions in her recliner! And y'all, Gail's great news about Annie and George has totally made my day. In fact, I would go so far as to say, "It has made my week, because Annie and George have finally found the greatest home that they both deserve. "Thank you so much, Gail!"

And that is about it for tonight, because Roy, Mama and I are going outside, to my writing cabin, so I can write some more fiction before going to bed!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: