Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Curry Powder!

Today has been great. This morning, Tony and I got up really early, so we could feed the pigs, chickens, deer and the dogs and clean the dog pens before Tony took off for Kerrville, to attend his third Texas Master Naturalists class.

We went outside at 6:00 this morning and we quit at 7:15, so Tony could grab his notebooks and take off in Buttermilk. With only four dog pens left to clean, I came inside and drank my second cup of coffee of the day and then I went back outside and cleaned the four pens. Then I came back inside to make a delicious, healthy smoothie for my breakfast.

After adding my normal ingredients into Jaws: an orange, a hand full of kale, 1/4 cup of blueberries, banana and 1/4 cup of strawberries, I reluctantly added a tablespoon of Curry powder and six, shelled pistachio nuts, because yesterday I had read on the Internet, that we seniors all need to add Curry powder and pistachio nuts to our diets.

Omg! My healthy smoothie tasted terrible and it was really hard for me to swallow it, because it only tasted like Curry powder, which I quickly realized this morning—I'd rather die early than spend the rest of my life having to drink that foul tasting Curry powder every morning.

After tossing the jar of Curry powder into the trash, I cleaned up the kitchen and then I walked four more fast miles with Leslie, which now makes forty-four miles that I've walked with her since ten days ago. Then I went back outside to check on the dogs and to spot-clean any dog pens that needed it.

When I came back inside, Kinky called to invite me to come over for a visit. While we sat outside, watching The Friedmans play, we talked about Las Vegas and by the time we were done with that topic—he wants me to join him and his friends, on his next trip out there, but I don't think that is going to happen, because the only way that I would fly out there, is if Southwest Airlines has built a new terminal in Kerrville, because I don't do San Antone or its airport.

Before I left the Lodge, Kinky and I decided to meet Tony for lunch, around 1:00, after his TMN class ended, so when I got home, I wrote Tone a note, asking him to please meet us for lunch and then I jumped into Trigger and took off for Kerrville, so I could slip the note inside Buttermilk, so Tony would see it and meet us.

At 1:00, Mr. Green Jeans pulled up next to Trigger, in the restaurant's parking lot, so Kinky and I got out of our trucks and went inside the restaurant. "Shall we wait for Tony, to order?" Kink asked.

"No, let's go ahead and order. T. should be here any minute," I unintentionally lied. While we ate our lunch we talked about Vegas, Weatherford, Texas, Mary Martin and Larry Hagman, Churchill, Curry powder and pistachio nuts.

By 1:36, Kinky had finished eating his Menudo and I had nearly finished off my small, delicious shrimp cocktail, then a man and his wife walked up to our table, "We've got to quit meeting this way," he said to us.

"Omg!" I said. "Hi, Kris and Jim! Kinky, this is Jim and Kris, our new friends / volunteers, that I have been telling you about." After Kinky had greeted them, shook their hands and had thanked them for helping our rescue ranch, they visited for a few minutes and then they adios-ed us. Then Kinky adios-ed me. "Thanks for lunch, Nance. Tell Tony, "I'm sorry I missed him..."

After Kink had left the building, I waited for five more minutes, then I asked for the check. As I was about to pay the cashier for our lunch, Tony walked in and said, "I'm sorry that I am late. I'm starving." So we went back to Kinky's and my table and I sipped iced tea and talked about the Curry powder ruining my smoothie, as I watched Tony magically make two, large tacos disappear. Then I followed him home. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: