Monday, September 24, 2012

Jed Clampitt!

Today has been great. This morning after we did our chores outside, we went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky, for a few minutes and it was fun. Before we left to come back over here, I told Kinky that we were going to Kerrville today, because we needed to go by Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to drop off Goldie Hawn and to bring Jed Clampitt to the rescue ranch.

"Let's meet for lunch, around 1:00," Kinky suggested.

Around noon, we jumped into Buttermilk, drove down to Goldie Hawn's pen and picked her up and then we headed for Kerrville.

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at the vet clinic to drop off Goldie. After Susan had filled out Goldie's paperwork and taken her back to a cage, we told Susan that we needed to run some errands and would be back later to pick up Jed Clampitt. "Jed's a great dog, but I doubt if he is an actual hound dog, like the man had told you." Then we started laughing about people getting the breeds mixed up.

"Can we go take a peek at him?" I asked, wondering what breed he actually was. Then the three of us went to see Jed, "the dog that looks exactly like Jed Clampitt's dog, in the Beverly Hillbillies."

When we walked up to Jed's dog run and first saw him—we were a little bit surprised. "Hi, Jed," I said, to this very friendly handsome, 68 pound, 18 month old, tail wagging dog. "You're right, Susan. He's definitely not a hound dog, but he sure is a nice looking dog."

Lunch with Kinky was fun. Tony ordered a Mexican plate which includes: three enchiladas, taco with beans and rice, and when Kink heard me order, "I'll try The Special Dinner," which included a taco, a chile relleno, one enchilada, a tamale, guacamole salad, a cheese and bean chalupa with beans and rice," he decided to give it a try too. After the friendly waitress walked away, Kinky and I started laughing, when Tony says, "I can't believe y'all ordered that. You're never going to be able to eat all of it."

"I know I can't eat that much food, Tony. I would explode. I'm just going to eat a little bit of everything."

Omg! Tony's jaw dropped to the floor when his meal was served on just one plate and it took two, strong waitresses to deliver Kinky's and my, "Special Dinner," because his and mine were such big meals they had to be served on two large hot plates. After Kinky and I had quit laughing about the Special Dinner, while staring in amazement at our four plates, sitting on the table in front of us, we began to eat and eat and eat.

When we had finished eating, the waitress happily removed Tony's cleaned plate, Kinky's three-fourths of the food missing, on his two plates and my two-thirds of food still left on my two plates. "That was delicious and I am full," I said, "and I never even tasted the enchilada."

After we adios-ed Kinky, Tone and I went back to Hoegemeyers to pick up Jed Clampitt. On our way home, Tony, in a serious voice, says, "Nancy, let's just call him Jed, not Jed Clampitt, because he doesn't look anything like the hound dog on the Beverly Hillbillies."

"That's fine with me, but I was thinking of changing his name all together. How about calling him Jethro Tull?" Everybody, please meet Jethro Tull!



Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: