Sunday, September 2, 2012

Princess & The Clown!

Today has been great. This morning after doing our outdoor chores, Kinky called to invite me over for a visit, so I went over there for a short visit, because we had Sally and her sister Midge coming to visit us around noon.

When Kinky and I were outside visiting, sitting on the rockers on his front porch, a really nice young man, who had been a counselor at the camp this summer, came up to greet us. While we were visiting with him, he told us that Princess, a beautiful dog that was adopted from us, this past August, was here and then he invited me to come see her, down at one of the bunks.

As we walked up to the bunk, Princess spotted me the same time that I spotted her, "Hi, girlfriend," I half-hollered, as she came racing up to me. As I petted my dear old girlfriend, Ben, the man who had adopted her, walked up to greet me.

Ben told me that Princess, who he had renamed Copper, was the greatest dog that he had ever had and I loved hearing him brag about how smart and sweet she was, because I already knew it. "My mom loves her so much, too. In fact, she has told me several times that she wants Copper to be her dog and..."

Twenty minutes later, after playing with Copper and then watching her run free around the ranch, I adios-ed Ben and started to walk away, "Wait Nancy!" Ben hollered, as Copper ran up to go with me, which made me laugh. "I think she likes you more than she likes me," Ben said, as he walked up to get his dog.

"No, Ben. She loves you and was just wanting to say goodbye to me. Thank you so much for adopting her..."

When I returned to the Lodge, I visited with Kinky for a few more minutes and then I adios-ed him, because I had a clown to meet and I was running late.

As Trigger and I entered the rescue ranch, I saw Sally's car parked up by The Cabin. "Hi Sally," I said, as I walked inside our trailer. "I apologize for running late..." Then Sally introduced me to her sister Midge, "Midge is visiting us from Albuquerque. She's a teacher and a certified clown and her clown name is Polkadottie!" Then the laughter began.

While Tony, Sally, Polkadottie and I sipped coffee and visited inside The Cabin, Mama picked Sally and Roy picked Polkadottie as the lucky ones to pet them non-stop and the sisters were good sports about it, as they took turns telling us one funny story after another.

Because Polkadottie was the first, real clown that I've ever met in person, I was very curious about how she had become a certified clown. "Years ago, I met a clown, on the phone, from the Ringling & Brothers Circus," I confessed. "He told me that he was good friends with Captain Kangaroo and he was wanting us to rescue eighteen elephants, but we couldn't help, because we're not set up for elephants. How'd you become a clown?"

"For many years I went to clown camps," Polkadottie told us, "and my favorite class was, Pie In The Face and..." As my back began to ache from laughing so much at Sally's and Polkadottie's hilarious tales, I invited them to come out to my pink writing cabin, because I could tell they were getting tired from constantly petting Mama and Roy.

Sally and her sister Midge loved my writing cabin and we had a blast out there, too and Tony, Mama, Roy and I were sad, when it was time for them leave, because we didn't want them to go. And that is about it for tonight, because I'm fixin' to watch a movie, before going to bed.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: