Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pretty Chubby!

Today has been fun. This morning after we did our chores outside, I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Dylan.

While we were in the kitchen and Sophie was walking into the room, Kinky spoke softly and admitted to us, "Sophie really does need to loose some weight."

"She has gotten pretty chubby, Kink," I said. "She needs to sign up for Over Eaters Anonymous."

"That's a good one, Nance," Kinky said, as he and Dylan laughed.

"I can just see her at a O.E.A. meeting saying," I said. "I'm fat. And I'm fat, because of Kinky, because he is always cooking for us and giving us too many treats. I eat everything that he gives me, because I don't want to hurt his feelings..."

"I guess I'm going to have to start feeding her separately."

"Why?" Dylan and I asked.

"Because I don't want to hurt her feelings, when she sees how much I am feeding Winston and Chumley. Let's go outside and sit on the porch."

When we went outside, Kinky and I sat down in the rocking chairs and before Dylan could sit down, Sophie jumped into his chair, sat down and then made goo-goo eyes at Dylan, which made all of us laugh. "Kinky's right," I said. "She is definitely in love with Dylan. Kinky's been telling me about her getting love struck, every time that you come over."

"I know and I don't know why?" Dylan said, as he gently scooted Sophie over, so he could sit down on a third of the chair. As Dylan began to pet Sophie, she stared deeply into his eyes, like she was in some kind of a trance, and Kinky and I watched in amazement.

When it was time for them to take The Friedmans, on a hike, we agreed to meet for lunch, in Kerrville and then I adios-ed them and came home.

Lunch was a total blast, because Dylan kept us constantly laughing, with his hilarious tales about his and Kinky's escapades, when they were young. And that is about it for tonight, because I'm heading out to my writing cabin, with Mama and Roy, so I can do some more writing.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: