Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Donny & Marie! or 10,000 Miles!

Today has been great, but no thanks to M.I.R., because around 10:00 this morning we sadly discovered that our central air conditioner system was no longer working, so we called Bobby, our air conditioner man, because he is the best there is, in the Texas Hill Country.

Around noon, while Tony was getting feed, in Medina, Baxter & Bella arrived and poor Baxter wasn't real happy, because he had been carsick and thrown up, from his and his sister's trip from Mason.

Jennie and her husband Chris, who delivered B& B to us late this morning, work with a small, devoted rescue group and Jennie is also Ben Welch's sweet, older sister. The group had rescued these two precious pups, back in January, and when the nice woman, who had been fostering these siblings, husband suddenly died, she was devastated and overwhelmed with grief. So, when we heard about the group scrambling to find B& B a safe place fast—we said, "Yes, we can take them."

Baxter and his sister are two of the coolest pups. When I first met B&B, they were calm and wagging their tails, as Jennie cleaned up Baxter, before we took them to an empty pen. We stayed in the pen with them for about twenty minutes and visited and when the dogs seemed fine about their new digs, I gave Jennie and Chris a grand tour of our rescue ranch, which included The Okay Corral, my writing cabin, Outer Space and our trailer, I mean The Cabin and I really enjoyed it, because it was the first time for me to meet Ben's sister and her husband, that Ben is always bragging about. Around 1:00, after we had hugged and adios-ed each other, they took off to go back home.

Ten minutes after they had left, Tony returned to the ranch and he was sorry that he had missed seeing them. A few minutes later, when we took off, in Kermit, so T. could meet and feed B&B, he asked me what their names were and I said, "Donny and Marie Osmond. You're going to love them..." Here's Donny & Marie's pictures, that I took, after Tone had fed them and had fallen in love with them too. Girl's first and Donny's the one wearing a dog collar:




By 2:00 this afternoon, Mama, Roy, Belle, Abbie, Toto and Beau were the happiest dogs on the planet, because Bobby had replaced a capacitor and we had air conditioning! Thank you, Bobby!

Late this afternoon, my brother Ronnie called me just to chat and when I started telling him about how much I love my new, pink iPod Nano's Nike+, I said the dumbest thing, because I was so excited and Ronnie caught it immediately and he started teasing me. It all started when I mixed my words and should have said, "steps,"but instead I bragged, "Ronnie, I'm walking 10,000 miles every day!" 

Ronnie burst out laughing and half-hollered, "Nita! Nancy just told me that she is walking 10,000 miles every day!" Then I heard Nita roaring with laughter. 

Thinking fast about my dumb word mistake, I quickly shot back, "And, I'm doing it in 10 hours a day! I'm walking 1,000 miles an hour!" Then Ronnie echoed my words back to Nita and we must have laughed about it for at least two minutes. And when it was time for us to disconnect, I got Ronnie one more time, "Listen, Ron. I need to go now, because I only have an hour left to go walk off my last 1,000 miles for the day."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: