Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Perfect Pirate!

Today has been a fantastic day, because around noon, a big, white Chevy pickup drove up to The Cabin, so I went outside to see who was here and I was pleasantly surprised. "I'm Barbara and I hope that is okay that I came out. I am on my way home, from a wedding at a ranch out here and when I saw y'all's sign, I just had to come here, because I've wanted to visit the rescue ranch for a long time. And I bet that you are Cousin Nancy...I'm hoping to adopt a dog for my mother and..."

When Tony came outside to greet her, I quickly told him about her wanting to adopt a dog, for her mother, then the three of us took off, so we could give her a tour. After showing her all of the dogs, on the East side of the ranch, we took her over to Johnny Depp's & Lulu's pen, because after talking to her, we felt J.D. might be the perfect pard for her mom.

Well, it was love at first sight for both of them, even though little Johnny only has one eye and he looks a lot like a furry version of Captain Jack Sparrow. "Oh, he's the one," Barbara said, "he's definitely the one and my mother is going to love him and spoil him rotten!..."

After Barbara, who Tony and I really liked, had signed off on Johnny Depp's adoption papers, I took this picture of Tony, J.D. and Barbara.


When Tony put the pint-sized, perfect pirate inside Barbara's fancy pickup, Mr. Depp was beyond thrilled and he could not wait to leave and never come back, which made all of us laugh.

After Barbara had thanked us for letting her adopt J.D. for her mom, we thanked her back, for coming out and adopting our super cute, little, one-eyed dog. Then we adios-ed each other and they happily drove away and we happily drove away, headed for The Cabin, so I could call Kinky and tell him the fantastic news about Johnny.

"Hi, Nance. What's up?" Kinky said.

"I've got some great news for you. Johnny Depp just got adopted, Kink!" Then I told him all about Barbara adopting him for her mother.

"That is wonderful news! We really are on a roll..."

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm waiting to board a plane, at the Austin Airport, so I can hook up with Willie, in Phoenix..."

Around 2:00, Ben M. came over from Echo Hill camp to officially adopt Princess and T. and I were thrilled about it! Ben has been a camp counselor this summer and last week when he came over he fell in love with Princess and she with him. So, he has been coming over daily and getting Princess, so he could spend time with her, because he was pretty sure that he wanted to adopt her.

After Ben had signed off on Princess' adoption papers we went outside, so he could leash her up and take her back over to Echo Hill camp and before they left I took this picture of Ben and his new forever friend.



Late this afternoon, our friends Matt and Jodie came out and they picked up one happy, little Peggy Sue, that they adopted on Thursday and like Johnny Depp, she was more than delighted to be leaving the rescue ranch and to never be coming back here. And that is why my day has been so fantastic. "Good night, John Boy (Depp). Good night, Peggy Sue. Good night, Emmylou. Good night, Hank, Sr. Good night, Guinevere. Good night, Princess. Good night,..."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: