Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stormy Weather!

Today has been really great, but I must keep it short, due to the stormy weather. This morning, after Tony and I did our morning chores outside, he took a dog to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get it checked out, because it had had a seizure.

After he took off, I decided to drag Hazel, out of the closet, to help me clean up the dog hair that seems to be constantly showing up, on our floors and I am glad that I did, because right after Hazel went back inside the closet two of my favorite people showed up—Cheryl and Walter!

After the howdies and hugs, Cheryl says, "We wanted to give you your birthday present, that we got for you, before your last birthday, before your next birthday rolls around..." Then she hands me a beautiful paper sack filled with goodies. So, I invited them to come inside The Cabin, so we could visit and catch up with each others news, while I opened my birthday presents.

Omg! I loved my beautiful, pink birthday card and all of my birthday presents! They gave me a box of my favorite incense, Incense of the West: Pinon Pine, which a cone is burning right now, as I type this. The sweet smell of Pinon Pine burning, always conjures up fond memories of my past and of all the good times that I had, when I was young and lived in Crested Butte, Colorado, in the early 70's and of my many unforgettable trips out to Northern New Mexico.

They also gave me this incredibly beautiful book, Paper Blossoms: A Book of Beautiful Bouquets for the Table, by Ray Marshall, featuring five amazing paper pop-up bouquets, which they purchased from the Art Institute of Chicago, when they were up there and they gave me this beautiful, hand beaded in Kenya, 100% Angora shawl, that they found for me, when they were up in New York City.

After opening up all of my super cool presents and thanking them, Walt and I played my guitar, then the three of us talked and laughed non-stop for over an hour and I had a total blast with them, wishing that Tony had been here to enjoy their fun visit.

Before my dear friends left to go back home to Boerne, we made plans to meet for lunch, some time in August and I am really looking forward to it. "Thank you, Cheryl & Walt! See y'all sooner than later!" And, that is about it for tonight, because the skies are rumbling.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: