Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here's Your Sign!

Today has been great. This afternoon, after we ate lunch, we went to TNJ Engraving, in Kerrville, across the street from J. C. Penney, to pick up two signs. I love doing business with TNJ Engraving, because they are so nice, they always do a fabulous job, they have great prices and their turn around is extremely fast.

For example, this morning after we did our morning chores outside, I sat down at my computer and designed two signs. One sign was for a new pen sponsorship, made earlier this week, by our friend Vern and the other sign was for Tony's chuck box outdoor kitchen, that he knew nothing about. When I was done, I e-mailed the artwork to TNJ Engraving, then I called them to place my order and I was happily shocked when Garrett told me, "We'll have them ready for you and you can pick them up, in about an hour." And they did!

When we arrived at TNJ Engraving to pick up the signs, they were on the counter and I loved what I saw, but Tony was delighted and surprised at what he saw. "Here's your sign, Tony," I said, as I handed it to him, "it needed a name, so I named it, "Tony's No Whiner Diner." Then I paid for the signs and thanked them and then we took off for Wolfmueller's Books, so we could show Sandy & Jon his new sign for his chuck box. And, to say the least, "They loved it and it made them laugh," which was exactly the reaction that I was hoping for.

When we got home we first hung Vern's sign on the dog pen that Hank Williams, Sr. and Jackie Kennedy Onassis share. Hank, Sr. is the yellow Lab in front and that's Jackie O. leaning on him.


Then Tony went and got a ladder, from the barn and then he carried it down to The Okay Corral and hung up his sign and he loves it even more than I do.


Before I finish writing this, I want you to know that Dusty Pendleton called us last night with a Emmylou update, telling us that she and their other dog instantly fell in love with each other and that Emmylou could care less about their older cat and that Martha and Dusty are in love with Emmylou Harris and they are thrilled with their new forever dog.

Also, tonight we have three dear friends, in three different hospitals, in three different cities, so I want to do a shout out to them, "We love you, John, Billy and Steve—GET WELL SOON!"

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: