Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Green Eggs!

Today has been great and it started early this morning when I was cooking up my latest stolen recipe.

Yesterday, while Vern and us were eating lunch at the Highway 16 Cafe, in Medina, Vern told us about the delicious breakfast that David Farrar had cooked for him, at the Trail's End Guest House. "When Desiree served me David's scrambled eggs that were green, I was a little hesitant to eat them, so I asked Desiree why the eggs were a greenish color and she laughed and told me that David had made his avocado scrambled eggs, so I took a bite and could not believe how delicious it was. I would have never thought of scrambling eggs with an avocado..."

So, this morning, for the very first time, I made, "Cousin Nancy's Green Eggs" for our breakfast and I topped it off with my homemade salsa and to say the least, "Tony and I absolutely loved it!" Here is a picture that I took, before topping off the avocado eggs with what Tony calls, "my not-so-hot" salsa.


Around 3:00 today, our dear friend and one of the Texas Hill Country's most famous and favorite artist, Dusty Pendleton, came out to meet Emmylou Harris, because he and his sweet wife, Martha, are thinking about adopting her! Dusty is the artist that painted the beautiful, "The Von Kinky Family Singers," that we have used on the front of our rescue ranch 2009 calendar and holiday cards. 


After Dusty and Emmylou Harris fell heads-over-heels in love with each other, we invited Dusty to come up to The Cabin, so we could visit with him and it was so much fun. For one and a half hours we laughed and talked about many different subjects and when he told us he had to head back home, in Bandera, we didn't want him to leave. But the good thing is, we might see him much sooner than later, because when Martha comes out with him, in the next few days, so she can meet their possible new fur buddy—we'll get to do it all over again!

That's about it for tonight, because it has started thundering and lightning and raining, so I need to get offline, so I can go unplug everything. And I hope that all of y'all will try making my new avocado scrambled eggs recipe, because I guarantee that you will love it at first bite.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: