Thursday, July 26, 2012

Green Sauce!

Today has been fun, with a little excitement added. This morning I did the Harley Show and Rufus was Harley's Pet of The Week and after we had talked about Rufus being a sweet dog, about nine-years-old, I told Harley about eating a delicious lunch, at Wheelers, yesterday, with my sister. "What did you eat?" Harley asked.

"I had a sausage," I replied.

"What kind of sausage was it?"

"I don't remember." Harley started laughing and then he jokingly mocked me.

"Hi, I'm from Fort Worth. I'll just have a sausage," he said, using a thick Texas accent. Then he and I started laughing about it and then we talked a little more.

Before 8:00, while I was fixin' breakfast, I got a call from a woman in Bandera, who had just found two dogs in her neighborhood and one of them was wearing one of our numbered Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch dog tags. When I looked up the tag number I told the woman that I would call the owner and then call her right back.

When I called the dog owner, I got her machine and left a message about her dogs being found. Then Tony, walked inside the trailer. "Tony, a woman in Bandera just found $#@! and another dog and I just called &#@, but I got her machine and I am fixin' to call the woman back and tell her that we are leaving right now to go pick up the dogs."

Then the phone rang and Tone took the call. It was &#@ returning my call. After Tony gave &#@ the woman's phone number and address, she told T. about their new dog being a digger and that's how they had gotten out. Then she thanked him and told him, she knew where they were and that she was going to go pick them up. So, we didn't have to go to Bandera after all.

Early this evening, after Ben had finished mowing outside, we came inside The Cabin, so I could show Ben how to make my latest, easy to make, healthy, low cost, stolen recipe, Cousin Nancy's Avocado & Tomatilla Sauce. "Ben, these are the ingredients and you add them into a blender in this order:

1/2 lb. of peeled Tomatillas
3 slices of Onion
1 tsp. minced Garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 peeled Avocado

Then blend them at a low speed, until the texture is sort of lumpy—then serve." Then I served it with some chips, to Tony and Ben. "We put it on top of our scrambled eggs, the other morning, Ben and it was delicious," I said, as Ben and Tony politely, took turns dipping their chips into my delicious, stolen green sauce. Needless to say, "Ben loved it, as much as we do.

"I'm definitely going to make this, but I think I will add some Cilantro and roasted Red Pepper to your recipe and serve it with Ceviche," Ben said.

When it was time for Ben to take off, we invited him to come over for breakfast, tomorrow morning, so he can try my scrambled eggs with the sauce and he told us, "Sounds good. I'll see y'all at breakfast." And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: