Saturday, June 25, 2011

Your Dog!

Yesterday morning the Fab Four came out to walk our dogs and they made me laugh so much—they made my day great and I thank them.

After June, Eileen, Ellen and Lisa had walked our dogs we went to the barn for a fun visit. As soon as we had sat down they started telling us about some rescued Llamas that they had recently visited. "I had this Llama named Mrs. Jones and she didn't like me at all," Eileen said, "She would not quit spitting on me. It was like projectile—spitting. In fact, I need to wash my Utopia rescue ranch cap, because that Llama spit on it," and then Eileen removed her cap and showed us where.

"Well, the one I had, had such bad breath," Ellen remarked. "It was so bad that I had to keep her at arms length..." Tony and I were laughing non-stop as the Fab Four took turns telling us about their hilarious encounters with the Llamas.

Then we talked about birds of all kinds and June's hilarious story about rescuing a swan off of a busy street in Dallas, with the help of her husband Kevin, made me nearly fall out of my chair, because I was laughing so hard.

When they told us that they had to leave I didn't want them to leave, because the Fab Four are always so much fun to be around, but I must admit that I was secretly happy that they were leaving, because I needed a break from laughing so much, because of my back.

Today, OMG, today has been another hilarious day out here. This morning the phone rang and when I recognized the phone number I picked up the phone and said, "Hi, Carol! How are you?" Carol started laughing.

"Hi, Nancy. You're not going to believe what happened to me yesterday! Then she started giggling which made me chuckle. "I have this cousin who I haven't seen in years, because he lives up in Dallas. Anyway, yesterday he calls me up to say, "Hi, this is James," and then he tells me that he and his girlfriend are motorcycling around in the Hill Country and he wanted to know if they could come by for a visit." Then Carol starts laughing again.

"Well, I had no clue who "this James guy" was until he told me his last name. His father was my dad's twin, so I say, "Sure. Where are y'all?" And he says, "We're at #@$%$# in Medina!"

"You're kidding me? What a coincidence, Carol."

"I know. So, I told him to look down the hill because I was waving." Then Carol and I burst out laughing. "Nancy, I couldn't believe it. Just think of all the places to be in the Hill Country and he's right next door to me. Anyway, so they came over and I had the best time with them. They are really nice people."

"Anyway, the reason I am calling is because when we were visiting yesterday I told him about all of these rich and famous people living out here like you and Tony..."

"Carol, you lied to them. We're not rich or famous."

"Well, they want to come over and meet you and Tony and see the rescue ranch. James knows all about Kinky and Lee Ann is a big time animal lover and she has heard of the rescue ranch. So, can we come over today?"

"Sure, we'd love to meet them and give them a tour. Anytime is fine with us."

"Great. They are out motorcycling around right now, so I will call them and ask them when they want to come over. Thanks. Bye."

Ten minutes later Carol called. "They just called me from the Alamo. How does 3:45 sound?"

Around 3:45 the dogs started barking outside—it was them, so Tony and I went outside to greet them as they climbed out of Carol's giant pickup. Then we came inside the trailer and started visiting with them. Tony and I instantly liked Carol's cousin James and his girlfriend Lee Ann and her son Colton and it was like we had known them for years. "Y'all, this is Tony's puppy Belle. We are working on her manners, so please feel free to say "No" to her if she starts chewing on your clothes, fingers, etc. because she needs to learn what is okay and what is not."

After Belle had been reprimanded at least once by everyone in the big room, Tony and I put Belle outside for a Time Out, in hopes that she would learn that bad manners are not tolerated. Five minutes later, we decided to go into Outer Space to continue our fun time and Belle Starr-Simons was thrilled to be included and go into Outer Space with us.

And in no-time-flat I said, "Tony, your dog is acting up again. I think she needs a Time In since we are in Outer Space, so T. took her out to the porch. A little while later Tony, Carol and I gave James, Lee Ann and Colton a tour of the rescue ranch and all of our dogs enjoyed meeting them as much as we had.
After showing them my writing cabin they told us that they needed to leave, so after hugs and handshakes and promising us that they would come see us sooner than later, they jumped into Carol's Ford F-250 and drove away in a cloud of dust.

When we came back inside the trailer I told Tone, "We are so lucky to be blessed with so many nice friends. We couldn't do what we do without them and you know it, so I'm going to blog about some of them tonight." And that is exactly what I have done.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

!/2 of the FAB4 went out to help with the llamas this morning and there was no spit involved!!!! I kept my sunglasses on just in case!

cousin nancy said...

Eileen, that is great news. I bet your sunglasses or should I say," spit-protectors," were the reason why.

8 )