Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kris Kristofferson!

Today has been a great day because of the two surprise phone calls that made my day.

This morning, after breakfast, I walked four miles with Leslie and then I took care of some paperwork, returned a few phone calls and then I took a break so I could recycle an old cutting board instead of throwing it into the trash. An hour later I took these pictures of the paint drying in the sun and then I hung it on my kitchen wall.

 


My first surprise phone call was from Kinky, in Australia, at 1:14. "Hello, Nance! How are you doing?..." He sounded great and we talked about the drought, The Friedmans and caught up with each others news and then we adios-ed each other. 

My second surprise phone call was from Fay, in Toronto, at 5:30. "Hello, Nance! How are you doing?..." My good friend Fay had called me because she and her family want to adopt Kia, to be a companion dog to Kris Kristofferson, who they adopted from us many years ago. So after we discussed Kia's adoption and trying to figure out how to get her up there—we had fun visit catching up with each others news and then Tony wanted to say "Hi" to her, so I put him on the phone to visit with her, before she and I adios-ed each other.

I am so glad that Kinky and Fay called me today, because I have really been missing him and I can't wait to see him next week, when he finally gets back to the ranch and I always love talking to Fay because she is so funny and always makes me laugh a lot and I am also thrilled that she and her family have officially adopted Kia for Kris, because I know that they and Kris are going to fall in love with her and Kia is going to fall in love with them. Like I told Fay today, "It's a perfect match."

Well, that is about it for today. I'm fixin' to go play my guitar.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us! And, May the Dog of Your Choice Bless You!

4 comments:

Fay said...

Hi Nancy,
Came home from the girls' dance class to see I've been blogged! Thank you ; )) It was great talking to you & Tony and getting caught up.

It IS the perfect match, I just know she's the dog for us, much the same as I felt about Kris. We can hardly wait to meet her.

Praying for rain and cooler temps for you all in Texas.

Talk to you soon!
Fay & Kris xo

Susie said...

Salem my pretty black kitty in in my live, he was 14 and I thought still going strong. I went outside to take a dog out and he was at the door. I come back inside and he is on the floor taking his last breathe. It is really hard to see such loving vibrant kitty leaving this world. He loved to be held, when i hugged him he always hugged me back. This is really hard, I knew he was old but i will never
get over losing my friend and watching him take his last breathe.

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Susie. I am so sorry about Salem passing. He was lucky to have had you love him for fourteen years. Hang in there.

Fay said...

Susie, I'm sorry to hear about your Salem's passing. He was loved and he will never be far away in your memories.