Thursday, June 23, 2011

In The Next Couple Of Weeks!

Today has been great, even though it was a little far-out. This morning after I walked four miles, inside the trailer, I checked my e-mail. A very nice woman from New York, who I spoke to yesterday about possibly adopting two of our dogs, told me that she was too scared to come to the Texas Hill Country, in her motor home to pick them up, because of  KHOU's report: Texas Drinking Water Makes Pipe and Plumbing Radioactive. Which I had not heard anything about.

After checking out the video and a few other links that she had sent to me about this I called a friend to tell her about it, because it concerned me. She told me that she had already heard about it and she told me not to worry about it, because one of her sources had told her that in October a giant solar flare is going to change everything on our planet. So that sort of put me in a "the sky is falling" tailspin.

Around 1:30 Tony and I jumped into Trigger and took off for the H-E-B in Kerrville and I told him all about the KHOU report and the gigantic solar flare coming soon and he didn't have much to say about it.

When we got back home, after I had returned a few phone calls, I got on my computer and Googled solar flares in 2011 and I was shocked. The first link I went to was Forbes "Huge Solar Flares Could Spell Catastrophe For Earth" and that was not the kind of news that I was hoping for.

Then I discovered and checked out Nasa's "Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory" and I found it to be very interesting, but it was way over my head.

Still wanting to find something positive, I went to spaceweather.com and there was a storm warning about a fast moving stream of solar wind that is buffeting Earth's magnetic field for today, June 23rd and 24th. Then I scrolled 3/4 of the way down the page and I was thrilled to find out that PHAs (Potentially Hazardous Asteroids), which I found out, are big space rocks, were not on a collision course with us today—thank goodness! So, with that good news I decided to stop searching and leave it at that.

Then I went down the hallway to Tone's office, where he was farming or plowing a virtual field, with Belle sitting by his side and I told him the great news about the PHAs not heading our way today, but that the Big One was coming in October, hopefully not on my birthday and all he had to say was, "That's good, Nance."

At 4:35 the phone rang—it was our dear friend Matthew. "Hi, Miss Nancy..." He had called to invite us to an upcoming dinner at his new apartment, when his parents come down to visit him, in the next couple of weeks.

"We'd love to come Matt!..." Then we caught up with each others news. Before we adios-ed each other, I said, "Matt, I am so glad that you called me, because you have just made my day! Thank you so much. And please tell Gail and Paul that I said "Hi" and that we look forward to seeing them soon."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: