Friday, June 3, 2011

The Girls From Austin!

Today has been so much fun, which in my book, makes it a great day. Early this morning things got off to a shaky start because when I went outside to play with Belle Starr-Simons—there was a damaged or dead Tarantula on the front porch.

Knowing, of course, that this might be a possible sign or an omen for something yet to come, or else it was just a damaged or dead furry Tarantula, Belle and I gave the scary-looking spider a lot of space as we raced down the ramp to the front yard.

Twenty minutes later after Ms. B.'s "Wear-Her-Out—So She-Will-Sleep" marathon, we walked back up the ramp and the Tarantula was gone and was no where to be found, which of course gave me the creeps because I didn't know where it was until ten minutes later, after I had cleaned up the kitchen.

"Tony!" I hollered outside, as I once again stared at this frightening creature on the front porch, in the exact spot where it had earlier been before. "It's back, Tony! Please come and remove it for me!" And two minutes later, T., using our new gigantic BBQ spatula—carried the not-dead-yet damaged Tarantula off and set it free outside our front yard to either live or to die, because it was his choice to make and not ours.

After I thanked Tone for helping me I said, "I have some really sad news to tell you. I just found out that Dr. Kevorkian died earlier this morning in a hospital and..." Even though Tone didn't seem to be real upset with my news, he took off real fast as soon as he saw Ben driving up.

Between nine-thirty and ten o'clock our great volunteers arrived. Jim was the first to show up and then minutes later Ellen and Eileen arrived to walk our dogs for us! And after I had returned several phone calls and had answered some e-mails, I went outside and went on a fun walk with them and Moe Bandy and Enzo. And now it is time for me to do a shout out to our super volunteers. "Thank You, Jim, Eileen and Ellen For Your Dedication To Our Dogs! We Love You But Our Dogs Love Y'all Even More!"

Early this evening Tone, his dog Belle and I jumped into Kermit and we went down to the swimming hole to meet up with Will Wallace and Ben and his two sweet dogs: Valerie and Penny, so Belle could meet them, off leash for her very first time, and would hopefully swim and play with them and it was a total blast!

Ben's beautiful, well-trained Pit Bulls, that he had adopted from us over the years, were as sweet and gentle as they could be to Belle Starr-Simons and I was totally amazed how well they tolerated Tony's silly acting, playful puppy. And we laughed and joked nonstop, to our delight, as we watched "The Girls From Austin" swim and play with Baby Belle.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Nancy when was the last time you visited Downtown Fort Worth?

'Erb said...

Cousin Nancy---

PLEASE tell me you really meant to say "tarantella" and NOT tarantula! I have no trouble picturing a nice Italian dance on your porch... But a spider? Now you have me running to my closet to find those thigh high boots I bought for visiting the Ranch.
Do you really like to give city slickers nightmares?
On second thought, I have a great idea---maybe you can fix that tarantula up with the centipede Kinky turned loose a few months ago. They'd make a great couple.
---'Erb

cousin nancy said...

Hi Susie. The last time I was up in Fort Worth was about seven years ago and I was shocked by how much it had grown.

We went up there so Tony could take pictures at the Fort Worth Zoo and I was amazed seeing all the strip centers on Forest Park Boulevard and Hulen.

cousin nancy said...

Howdy 'Erb! It is so great to hear from you. First off let me thank you and Karen for the generous donation that you sent to our rescue ranch.

Secondly, I wish that it had not been a Tarantula on our porch, but I was also thankful that it hadn't been a rattlesnake or a skunk or a wild hog.

I like your idea about hooking up the hairy Tarantula with Kinky's recently freed centipede and will do what I can to make it happen.

Please tell Karen that I love y'all and send y'all my best. Now, please come down here and see us, but please don't forget to bring your thigh-high boots—because you're gonna need them.