Friday, October 29, 2010

A Running Buddy!

Today has been a great day! This morning after I walked eight miles I cleaned up and then went outside to greet our great friends / volunteers: June Hartley, Ellen Jackson and Eileen Gotke. When I saw the three of them returning with our super dogs: Marlin, Princess and Honey & Baxter I walked down to greet them.

After we said our howdys to each other they complimented me on my new teeth and I smiled without being embarrassed. As we walked the dogs back to their pens Eileen told me about the eight foot banner that she had designed and ordered for our 1st Annual Dog Adoption and Training Seminar on November 6th from 10a.m. to noon and I could not wait to see it. "OMG!" I said, as Ellen and Eileen unrolled the  banner. "I love it! It is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much, Eileen. I love the paw prints, too."

As the two of them rolled up the banner we discussed the upcoming event that Eileen volunteered to do for us with the much needed help of Ellen and June and Sharon Griswold, the incredible Kerrville dog whisperer, who owns Rover Mishaving. After hearing everything that they have done so far for the event and what they are planning to do before the event I was speechless. All that I can say is these women are super women and the greatest volunteers in the state of Texas. Thank you, Eileen, Ellen, June and Sharon—Y'all Rock Big Time!

After a fun visit and thanking them for all that they do for our ranch and our dogs I said, "I have some more good news—Betty Boop is getting adopted today." And they were as happy about it as I was, but not as happy as Betty was.

At three o'clock, after Robert had played with B.B. in her pen and had her fetch her white boat bumper, he and his sweet wife Traci signed Betty's adoption form and Betty couldn't wait to get out of here and it was sort of embarrassing, because when Robert told her to load up—she jumped so fast into the back seat of their big, fancy pickup with her big, boat bumper in her mouth and her tail wagging high and non-stop, which made all of us laugh. "By tomorrow morning or sooner Betty Boop is going to think our rescue ranch stinks compared to her new life with y'all. I hope Jake likes her."

"Jake is going to love her," Traci told me. "He is the sweetest yellow Labrador that we have ever had. He is going to be so happy to have a running buddy. It is going to be so much fun when we take them with us on our trips to Ruidoso and the Coast. Honey, is Betty going to sleep on your side of the bed with you and Jake with me?"

"We'll let her and Jake decide that tonight," Robert said, as they climbed into their truck.

Before driving Betty to her new home Traci said, "Robin told me that he will be coming out tomorrow to adopt Nellybelle and he can't wait to meet her and take her home. He fell in love with her the minute that he saw her picture and read her story." That made T. and me smile and once again I wasn't embarrassed to smile. We have our fingers crossed that Nell-Bell finds her forever home tomorrow.

This evening when Tone and I came inside, we listened to Traci's message, "I just wanted to let you know that Jake and Betty are in love with each other and they won't quit playing with each other. She is an awesome dog! Thank y'all so much for what you do and for letting us adopt Betty Boop. We love her so much. She and Jake are a perfect match! I will call y'all soon with another update. Robert and I are fixin' to take them for another walk in the park. Bye."

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

If you're gettin' up at 1 am to reset clocks because of Daylight Savings Time, you're doing it a week too early, Nancy! You'll be doing everything an hour early and wondering what the heck is happening to everybody else because they are all off kilter!!!