Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ruff Draft!

Today has been good and I hope that my 1st and probably last "fasterpiece" watercolor, Canyon of Forgetting, made all of you laugh as much as Tony and I have. This morning started out a little crazy. After I had walked six miles I got a phone call about one of our dogs that we adopted out a year ago was found in Austin and I want to thank my good friend, Ellen Cooper for helping me get the dog back to its owners.

Speaking of Ellen Cooper I want to also thank her and her husband Charlie for giving me that beautiful cactus, because this morning it bloomed and it is absolutely beautiful. I noticed it this morning while I was in Outer Space watering my plants. After telling Tony to come see it we took turns shooting it. Here are a few of my pictures.




Before coming inside I noticed a Daddy Long Legs, so I shot it, too. 

This afternoon we had a few visitors come out, but unfortunately no adoptions, because the people just wanted to take a tour of the rescue ranch, so I spent most of my day working on the story that I am writing for Texas Animal Imprints and my ruff (rough) draft looks pretty good I think. And that is about all that has happened today. I'm fixin' to make some popcorn and do a little reading.

Y'all have a great evening.

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

IMHO that photo is of a walking stick, not a daddy long legs, but that's not to say it is not a good photo of that walking stick because it is!

Beautiful cactus pictures too!

Isn't country life wonderful?

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Long time no hear. Tony said that you're right about it being a Walking Stick. Please come see us.