Sunday, October 10, 2010

Posted 10-10-10 @10:10PM!

Today has been a nice quiet day and nothing exciting happened. This morning at the crack of dawn Tony hugged me and kissed me goodbye and walked out of the trailer. This morning he wasn't going to the Old Timer, as usual, to drink coffee with his friends, instead he and his brother Sam and his cute wife, Stacie and their son Zachary were driving down to Port A. for the day to see Rick "The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper" and do some fishing on the private island.

As soon as he was gone I fed the dogs, started a load of laundry in Queen Bee and then I sat down at the kitchen table to check my e-mail. I had forty-seven new ones and only two were spam. As I was answering e-mail the dogs started barking outside to let me know that Aaron had arrived to do Tone's chores for him today, so T. could take a day off and go fishing.

I spent the rest of my day catching up on paperwork and cleaning the trailer while listening to my favorite music and I accomplished a lot.

This evening our dear friend Dennis Lanning, the nice man who adopted Boomer from us years ago, called from Kerrville where he was spending the night in a motel, before returning home to Austin. He and Boomer have been on a two month cross country bicycling and camping adventure, so I invited him to come out in the morning and eat breakfast with us, so we could visit and catch up with each other's news before he heads back to Austin.

T. got in a little before eight o'clock tonight and he told me that he had a wonderful trip, but he was tired and glad to be back home. Thank you, Rick for showing them a good time!

I am really looking forward to seeing Dennis and Boomer in the morning. And, I am also looking forward to meeting Starla and her mother, Maw Maw (Betty) and having lunch with them tomorrow in Kerrville, because Tony has told me so many nice things about these ladies and I hope that I don't gain a pound.

P.S. Thank you, Cheryl and Walt—I just found out! I love y'all.  : )

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: