Thursday, October 7, 2010

Number 3!

Today has been fun, because Ben is here! This morning Tony woke me up at five o'clock as I had asked him to, because I had to take care of my morning chores early, because I had to be in Johnson City at nine-thirty for an appointment.

Because Ben was coming in to work at the rescue ranch, Tony phoned him in Austin at six-thirty to invite him to join us for breakfast at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant, but Ben declined because he had not left Austin yet.

At 7:44 I called The Rose 99.9 radio station. "Good morning, Harley!" I said. "You're not going to believe where I am calling you from."

"You're not at the ranch?"

"Nope. I'm at the Save Inn and am standing outside the front door to do the show with you and it's chilly..." Harley then told me that three members of the East Kerr County 4-H Club were in his studio and they were coming out this Saturday morning to volunteer their services, like walk our dogs, etc.

I had fun talking to the 4-H'ers and told them how much Tony and I were looking forward to Saturday and then I told Harley about Moe Bandy being his Pet of the Week. "He's about eight years old, sweet, good with other dogs, loves to swim—excuse me sir, but you left your headlights on." Harley burst out laughing and started teasing me about being asking Randy and Lisa if I could be their official greeter for the Save Inn.

A few minutes later I looked inside the restaurant and T. was waving for me to come eat my breakfast that the waitress had just served, so I talked a few minutes more and then went and ate a delicious breakfast with Tone.

As we left Kerrville on Highway 16 heading for Johnson City I said, "Tony, I will bet you that we see Ben before we reach Fredericksburg. Tony took the bet. He bet me that we would pass Ben between Johnson City and Fredericksburg. Ten minutes later I won the bet—as Ben flew past us while we waved to each other.

This afternoon when we got back to the ranch I caught up on some business and then Tony and I went outside and found Ben, so we could visit and catch up with each others news. In no time flat we were inside the trailer and laughing about our crazy lifes. Then out of nowhere Ben tells me that when he saw Kinky this morning he told Ben about my paintings and he said that Kinky loved my artwork and couldn't quit talking about how good they were. Then the phone rang and it was Kinky.

Five minutes later I was over at the Lodge talking to Kinky about my watercolor fasterpieces. Thirty minutes later I was back at the trailer visiting with Ben and Tone. After I showed Ben my artwork I decided to paint another one in the kitchen and it took a little over an hour, because Ben kept making me laugh. I named this one "Barn Free" and then I went over to the Lodge to show it to Kinky.

Kinky didn't like the name Barn Free, so I told him that I could change it, but I wanted him to name it for me and it only took him a second. "Live A Little," Kinky said.

So, when I came home I had to turn the light brown colored dirt road into a blacktop to cover up the words Barn Free and I like the new name better. I have put it on eBay and it will post tonight at 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time and I hope that you like it. This is the auction item number: 130441456742  

This afternoon Lisa showed up with some friends that she wanted to show the rescue ranch to and for us  to meet. Even though Lisa could not stay long it was great seeing her and meeting her friends. Before they drove away Lisa told me that she is still madly in love with Mark in Mississsippi and that he is coming to Kerrville to see her real soon and I hope that we get to see him too. I am so happy for them.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Why don't you make a Fasterpiece for the Utopia Rescue's 1st Annual Adoption and Training Seminar, photograph it and email it to me to use on a flyer?