Monday, November 16, 2009

Tiny Bubbles!

This morning at nine-thirty, Brian Kanof showed up at the trailer! "I came by so y'all can say goodbye to Bogie," Brian said. Tony, Brian, and I visited for a few minutes, as we drank my delicious  breakfast smoothies. Then we went outside to Brian's SUV and said our goodbyes to one really cool cat.

At the time, Bogie was not real happy about being locked inside a large crate and moving to El Paso, so I won't tell you what I think he had to say to us. He was really hissed off at us!

I spent the rest of the day doing paperwork, and returning phone calls.

Around five o'clock, I poured Tone and me a small glass of my sparkling apple champagne, for us to sample. After one sip, we could not believe how good it was! It was sparkling, bubbly and tasted exactly like cheap champagne!

Three sips later, I put my empty glass into the sink, "Tone, let's go over to the Lodge and get Will and Frank to try this. I want to see what they think! I love it!"

"You go, Nance," T. said. "I've got to harvest some crops on Facebook."

Two minutes later, I was over at the Lodge with my plastic gallon jug of enlightened apple juice! After saying hello to The Friedmans, I went outside and found Will in the Pro Shop. "Will, you have got to try this! It is really good!"

Will leaned back a little, "I don't know Nance. Is this the stuff that you made?"

"Yes! Here try a little," I said, as I handed Will a half filled glass. Will looked a little nervous. He smelled it, and then he took a sip, and then he drank the rest of it.

"It tastes like champagne. I like it. Pour me a little more," Will said, as I filled up his small juice glass. "I bet if you used Martinelli's apple juice it would be really superb. You know they make the best apple juice. Dean Martin used to drink it..."

"Hello, Cousin Nancy and Will," Frank said, as he walked into the kitchen. "I heard you drive up, so I thought that I would come down and say hi. Is that your new apple juice concoction?"

"Yes, and I want you to sample it!" I said, as I poured some into a coffee mug. "Here." Frank took a sip, and then he drank the rest of it.

"It's good!" Frank declared. "You made this from apple juice? Please pour me a little more. This stuff is really good." The three of us visited in the kitchen for about ten minutes, and then I came home with my jug of sparkling spirits.

"Tony! They loved it!" I half-hollered, down the hallway. "I can't wait for Kinky to try it!"

P.S. Kinky will be on Imus in the morning!

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Linda T. said...

Hi Nancy:

I loved "hissed off at us"...too funny! The apple juice champagne sounds wonderful. I think I'll try to find a recipe online, my crazy relatives are coming for Thanksgiving. I'll need to drink at least one bottle myself to get through the meal without stabbing someone with a fork!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Linda T.! We sure have missed you not coming out. I hope that you have a great turkey day with Hunter!