Monday, November 23, 2009

More Spirits!

Our trailer is full of all kinds of 'spirits' right now! I am pretty sure that our visiting, part-time poltergeist, has returned to the trailer, because the weirdest thing happened to me this morning. 

I had just finished washing the breakfast dishes, when I decided to wash Perky, our coffee percolator, so it would be ready for the next round of coffee we make. Then I walked six miles with Leslie using my three pound weights.

After I took my shower, I caught up with my paperwork, and then I returned several phone calls. When I was nearly all talked out, I took a break sort of. I put the dried breakfast dishes back into their cupboards. Then while I was reassembling Perky, the percolator, I realized I was missing a part—the lid, to be exact! Where was the lid?

I looked all over the kitchen for that lid, but I couldn't find it. After spending over twenty minutes going through our trash, drawers, cabinets, etc. I half-hollered down the hallway, "Tone! Can you come help me, please?"

"Yes, give me five minutes," Tone softly yelled back. "I'm in the middle of harvesting my crop on Facebook."

While I waited on Tony, my new virtual future farmer of America husband, I returned e-mails. When the phone rang, I let Carlton take the call. "Cousin Nancy, this is David Farrar. I need to discuss something with you. Please call me at..."

When I heard David's message, I jumped up, and punched in David's phone number as fast as I could, because I was worried that something was wrong with Beckham, our rescued soccer playing wild hog, that they had adopted from us, for their bed and breakfast, Trail's End Guest House.

"Hi David, it's Nancy."

David and I talked for about five minutes. He told me that he and Desiree were thinking about adopting a small dog, so their dog, Tala, would have a buddy to play with. 

"David, we've got a great little guy. He is one to two years old, neutered, doesn't bark, and great with other dogs..."

"He sounds perfect," David said. "What's his name?"

"Clark Kent."

"His name is Clark Kent," David said to Desiree. "Nancy, he sounds good. When can we see him?"

"Today! Tony and I are taking him to Kerrville this afternoon, to get his shots. How about us bringing him out to y'all's place after he gets his shots?"

"That sounds perfect."

"How is Beckham doing?" I asked.

"He is awesome and doing great, and getting famous all around the world. This woman from France was staying out here, and she fell in love with him, and people are now blogging all over the world about him! He has become a wild hog icon..."

After hearing David's great news about Beck, we started talking about our mandolins and guitars, and about getting together real soon, so we could pick and grin. When our conversation ended, Tony's and mine started.

I told T. all about Perky's missing lid, and he helped me, for about ten minutes, look all over the kitchen for it, but we never found it. "Tone, I think that poltergeist is back, again, so I am going to have to smudge the trailer, now. Okay?"

"I guess," Tony said. "I hate it when you do that, because it makes the trailer stink to high heaven. I'm going outside."

As soon as Tony left the trailer, I found my sweet sage grass, that my best friend, Cindy, had given to me, and lit it. Then I opened up a window in the bathroom, so the friendly poltergeist could leave, and then I did the procedure. Five minutes later I was done smudging and nothing significant happened. 

After lunch, Buttermilk took Tony, Clark Kent and me to Hoegemeyers in Kerrville. After we dropped off Clark for his shots, T. and I went to Big Lots to buy a soccer ball for Beckham to play with. It was our Christmas present for him.

When we arrived at the Trail's End Guest House, it was all hugs and handshakes, and then we went to see Beckham! Beckham seemed happy to see us, and we visited with him for over ten minutes. He looked happy, even though he has gained another fifty pounds! He is now bigger than a Buick!

After our visit with Beck, we introduced Tala to Clark Kent, and they seemed to really like each other! Desiree and David thought he was precious, too! After the formal introductions, David suggested that we take the dogs over to their garden, which was fenced, so Clark and Tala could run and play with each other.

While Tala and Clark did their sniff-a-thon, David said, "OMG! Clark looks just like my Uncle Leonard! He's a low rider, just like you described him on Harley's show last week—short and stocky. My Uncle Leonard was so short, his inseam was only twelve inches! He was a great man. A traveling salesman, but he hated traveling, so he used to take me and my brothers with him, when we were out of school, to travel with him. We'd go to Rockport with him, and he would drop us off at the beach to fish, while he did business in town. Seriously, Clark looks just like him! Then David started laughing, as we watched Tala and Clark playing with each other.

"David, maybe he is your Uncle Leonard, reincarnated," I said. "Who knows. It's possible." Everyone started laughing.

When we left the Trail's End Guest House, we were minus one passenger—Clark Kent.

Desiree and David have decided to try him out for a few days to see how he works out with their cats. I've got my fingers crossed for that super short, sweet, stocky dog, with a twelve inch inseam, and I hope this might turn out to be his forever home, and they change his name to Uncle Leonard! I wish that I had met Uncle Leonard, he sounds like a great man, because I would love to introduce him to our friendly poltergeist who is still hanging around out here!

Y'all have a great evening!

6 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

David said "My Uncle Leonard was so short, his inseam was only twelve inches!" OMG! That cracked me up! So happy for Clark Kent, hope it works out. I think they should name him Santana, seeing as he's a Lowrider and all ; ))

Nancy, check your garbage. When I lose something in the kitchen it's usually because I got distracted and threw it out by accident. Or, it could be a poltergeist.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Tony and I went through our garbage twice and it wasn't there. I'm putting a lid on this, and blaming it on a poltergeist! : )

RealBeWhoUR said...

Oh I am praying for Clark Kent to have found his forever home-I wish that I could have keep him and brought him home with me to Port Arthur. This precious dog deserves only the best things in life because he truly is a great dog. I miss all the "kisses" he planted on my face and my hands whenever I was with him after I got off from work here in Spring. I will always remember and love this dog found next to the highway-Clark Kent, I am pulling for your precious angel!!!Karen C.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karen! Everyone is pulling for Clark Kent! I got an e-mail this morning from D&D at the B&B, and so far he is doing great! And, they are calling him Uncle Leonard! I love it!

RealBeWhoUR said...

Thanks for the update Cousin Nancy-please let me know if they do decide to keep "Uncle Leonard" at their B&B home...I know they will just adore him too if they do decide to keep him because he is a great little dog!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karen! Uncle Leonard is so adorable! He makes people smile when they look at him! I will definitely keep you posted! Keep your fingers crossed and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.