Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Love Paul McCartney!

Yesterday morning, our good friends, P&P, aka Patty K. and Peggy R., came out to see us! As soon as they got out of their car after hugs, it was non-stop laughter! They brought Tony and me some of Patty's chocolate birthday cake, and it was delicious! The girls also brought us two boxes of fine wine, which is now sitting in our (closet) wine cellar chilling. I can't help but laugh, because right now, T. and I have an over abundance of boxed 'spirits' out here. I guess you could say Tony and I are going through a 'spiritual thing,' or we have been receiving gifts 'to enlighten us.'

As always Peggy and Patty didn't stay long enough, but it is probably a good thing that they left when they did, because my back was starting to hurt, because of so much laughing! 

Early Saturday evening, Kinky arrived back at the ranch! Ben, Tony and I went over to the Lodge to see him, so we could catch up with each other's news. We had a fun visit.

This morning I got up early and walked six miles, because we had a dog coming in. At eleven o'clock, Marlin, a six month old wannabe Labrador, arrived! He is precious, sweet and I want him, but I can't because we have four assisted living dogs, two eight year old dogs, and Lucky the cat. 

I spent nearly twenty minutes with him, in his pen, trying to capture a great picture of Marlin, but he was too fast for me. Here is the only descent picture that I got of him. Tomorrow I plan to shoot him until I get a better picture to post on utopiarescue.com.

After lunch, Buttermilk took us to Kerrville, so we could buy our dogs, and our Thanksgiving dinners. We figured that by going today, we would beat the crowd, but we were wrong! I think everyone had the same idea we had, because H.E.B. was packed full of holiday dinner shoppers.

We used two carts to shop. Tony's cart was reserved for our dog's Thanksgiving dinner, and I pushed the cart for T.'s and my turkey day dinner. We decided it was best to stay together to shop, because Tony had forgotten to bring his cell phone, so Tony chased me around the grocery store, and he only rear ended me once. He told me it was accident, as he laughed his head off on isle three.

It took us over forty minutes to fill our baskets on wheels. Tony's basket was more expensive than mine, because he purchased four and a half dozen of eggs, two large jars of minced garlic, fifteen pounds of ground turkey, five huge bags of stuffing, four giant bags of mixed vegetables, three bags of cheddar cheese, six cans of Alpo prime cuts, three large bottles of olive oil, and large sack of dog food—for our rescue dog's Thursday cooked dinner. I guess because of the economy, this year's dog dinner cost more than it ever has—$150.22, but it is well worth it, seeing those dog's tails wagging wildly with excitement, and knowing that they will get second servings, too!

When we got back to the rescue ranch, after unloading all of the grocery bags in the barn, we came inside the trailer to find that we had just missed a call from our good friend, and dog walking volunteer, Lisa. Tony called her back immediately, because she wanted to bring some friends out, who wanted to adopt one of our dogs.

Forty-five minutes later, Tone and I were outside, giving Lisa's friends a tour of the rescue ranch, so they could meet all of our super dogs. Thirty minutes later, I was inside the trailer filling out Paul McCartney's adoption papers! I love Paul McCartney, and I was so happy for him! Today was finally his day to get adopted!

Yesterday and today have been great! And you know—all you need is love.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Brian!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: