Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Since Four Days Ago!

Last night, after I posted my blog, I called customer service at FedEx Ground, to find out where my package had been delivered to, because they had notified me by e-mail, that it had been delivered at three-thirty-eight, but we didn't receive it. I had tracked it, and was disappointed when it didn't arrive as scheduled. 

After five minutes on the phone with a very nice woman, she found out that it had been delivered to our mailbox, out on Highway 16, instead of at the ranch. As soon as I hung up the phone, Tony pulled on his boots and drove two and a half miles out to our mailbox, and returned with my package! That made me happy, and that made Tone happy.

You see, five days ago, I had ordered a few packets of Pasteur's Champagne yeast. I had ordered the yeast so I could try my hand at making Rick's famous apple champagne cider recipe, that he had given to me. Before he gave me his recipe, Rick had made me swear that I wouldn't divulge his secret recipe to anyone, so I won't, unless he makes me mad, but of course, that's never going to happen. So in other words, I can't give y'all his recipe.

Around nine o'clock, Sha called to tell us that they were headed back to Kerrville and that Smilin' Jack was smiling when he met Pete, Kelly and Fiona—his new family! Then Sha told us all about their trip down to Port Aransas. "Nancy, I love Smilin' Jack, but about an hour down the road he got gaseous! OMG! It was horrible! He was considerate though, because he would make a tooting sound when he passed gas, I guess, to warn us to roll down our windows, before the gas hit us! I've never heard a dog fart before and..."

This morning, I called Pete to see how things were working out with Smilin' Jack. First off, Pete told me that he and Kelly loved Smilin' Jack, and they took him for a long walk on the beach last night! Smilin' Jack slept on the floor beside Pete's side of the bed, and once during the night, Jack woke up Pete, because he needed to go outside. "Nancy, Jack and I are on our way to work right now. I'm going to take him everywhere I go. I love this dog! He is incredible...!"

After breakfast, I made my first batch of Rick's apple champagne cider, which should be ready in three or four days, and I can't wait to try it! I'm thinking of bottling it in plastic jugs and making labels for it, too! I'm going to call it, Cousin Nancy's Sparkling Apple Champagne—Since four days ago! 

Today we ate lunch with Kinky, and I told him all about Smilin' Jack's great adoption, and how we got him to Port Aransas. To say the least, Kinky was thrilled about Smilin' Jack getting adopted to Pete and Kelly, and he thought it was hilarious about Jack's gaseous trip with Sha and Lisa!

Y'all have a great evening! 

3 comments:

jennifer rose said...

Well, now that "Rick's famous apple champagne cider" has been transformed into "Cousin Nancy's Sparkling Apple Champagne," you're out from under that non-disclosure agreement -- which means that you may not share the recipe.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Jennifer! My fingers are frozen and I must keep the recipe secret. Thank you for the comment.

DY_Goddess said...

Pete writes "I love this dog! He is incredible...!"

Awwww, that is so sweet and it makes me so happy for everybody involved. Just plain good.