Friday, November 27, 2009

Ricky Bobby!

This afternoon, Tony and I went to Kerrville, because we needed to get a few groceries—ten items to be exact. I was excited, because it would be my first time to right my wrong, and go through the long checkout line!

About eleven miles or halfway to Kerrville, some kind of sports car got behind us, and started riding our bumper. It made Tone mad, because we were driving the speed limit, and the rude driver was so close to us, if we had to suddenly brake because of a deer, T. and I would probably be spending tonight in the hospital.

When I looked back, I could see that the young man was talking on his cell phone. When Highway 16 finally turned into two lanes, the guy passed us going at least fifteen miles over the speed limit. "I hope a cop catches him," Tony said.

When we reached the first signal light, we pulled up beside the car and we laughed about his speeding, and catching him at the light. When the light turned green, he floored his car and took off. 

At the next signal light, Buttermilk pulled up beside him, again, and we laughed about it, again! When the light turned green, the guy took off like he had been shot out of a cannon!

When we reached the signal light, in front of the Albertson's entrance, we were now one car in front of him. Tony and I loved it!

At the light at the bridge, we pulled up beside him, but we lost him when the light turned green, because he took a left. "He must be in a hurry to go to the Black Friday sales at the mall," I joked.

When we arrived at H.E.B., we were glad to see the parking lot half full. In less than ten minutes, we had our ten items in our grocery cart, and I am proud to say that we didn't check out at the ten items or less line! I am now halfway redeemed!

On our way home, as we were leaving the outskirts of Kerrville, T. started laughing, and he said, "I can't believe this, Nance! That same car is behind us, again!" I turned around to see, and sure enough that guy was riding Buttermilk's bumper, again! 

"He must be a wannabe Ricky Bobby," I said. "like in the movie, Talladega Nights. Please slow down to fifty miles an hour and let him eat our dust." Tony slowed down, and Ricky Bobby stayed behind us for about three minutes, and then he finally turned off of the highway.

When we got home, after putting up our groceries, we went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky. We had a fun visit with him, then we came back home.

When we got back home, I returned several phone calls. The last call I made, made my day! I spoke to Bob, who lives in Florida, who loves our rescue ranch, and he is thinking about adopting Clark Kent! He told me that he reads my blog, and he thought Uncle Leonard was adorable, and when he flies out here in a couple of months, if we still have Clark, he thinks that he wants to adopt him! I love it!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: