Saturday, November 14, 2009

One, Two, Three!

Today has been fun! This morning when I was four minutes away from walking six miles, the phone rang, so I let Carlton take the call. "Hello Nance! Nancy are you there? I'm at the airport..."

As I listened to Kinky, I decided to take the call. I paused Leslie, picked up the phone, and hit the speaker button, so I could walk circles around the big room, while talking to Kinky. "Hi Kinky! Where are you headed?"

"Hi Nance!" Kinky said. "I'm glad I caught you. We're headed to Kansas City in just a few minutes. How are you doing and have you seen The Friedmans?"

"I'm fine, and yes, The Friedmans are doing fine." Then I told him about rescuing Clark Kent and he thought it was super, and he was looking forward to meeting him.

"The plane's fixin' to take off. I've got to go. And remember Nance, keep on laughing. It's important. Take care. Bye." As soon as we disconnected, I pushed the play button and finished my workout with Les.

Around eleven o'clock, our good friend, Todd, showed up to walk our dogs! I am so happy that our dogs are getting so much attention, and getting walked everyday by our super volunteers! Thank you, Todd!"

While Todd was outside hiking with our dogs, I sat down at my laptop, and worked on my book, because earlier this morning when Tone came home,  I declared today off, so I could try to finish my book. 

While I was working on the design for the  jacket cover, the phone rang—it was Rick, in Port Aransas. He wanted to know if I had tried my sparkling apple cider, yet. "Not yet, Rick. I am planning on trying it out this evening." We talked for a few minutes about his secret recipe, and the 'loose lid' technique that I needed to be careful about, so Cousin Nancy's Sparkling Apple Champagne, wouldn't blow up in the fridge! I hope that I don't have to redesign the label and put a warning on it!

At one o'clock, I was so frustrated with my design, I decided I needed to take a short nap with my fur babes. Unfortunately for them, our nap didn't last long, because I had a 'ligh tbulb moment' about my book and the jacket cover design! In less than ten minutes of nap time with my buddies, I jumped out of the bed, and went to my computer. The first thing I did was to change the title, then I took off my boots, and replaced them with my pink Crocs. Then I grabbed my camera and shot my pink boots! That's all that I can tell you right now, but I am thrilled with the new title, and the new jacket design!

Around two-thirty, while I was in my office, trying to replace a black ink cartridge, so I could print out a copy of my revised book, Tony half-hollered from his office, "Nance! Come in here! Mari wants to talk to you! She's at Wolfmueller's, and she and Jon are online!"

"Mari, of The NoMads?"

"Yes!" Thirty seconds later I was in Tone's office talking and laughing with Mari and Jon, from Tony's computer! 

We talked about the funny 'pink boot' cartoons that Mari has been sending to me, and then I told Jon and Mari about the new title, and the jacket design for the book. They told me that they loved my new title, and they thought my idea for the artwork, for the book cover, sounded great! They had made my day and didn't even know it! Then I had another 'light bulb moment!'

"Y'all stay right there! I'm going to get my camera, and take a picture of y'all! I'll be right back!" I race walked into the kitchen, and grabbed my camera and then returned to T.'s office. "Okay y'all, on the count of three I am going to shoot you! One, two, three!


I love the picture of Mari and Jon, and I can't believe that technology has come so far! I would have never guessed in a million years that I could look and talk to friends twenty-two miles away! Wow!


Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Awesomecool Nancy, thanks for sharing ; ))

Mari of the NoMads said...

Fellow NoMad Libby had this to say about this blog, Nancy:

I don't understand technology but ya'll are hooked up in the hill country!


Libby

Mari of the NoMads said...

I'm posting this because I just want to be sure that everyone reading your blog knows that the person in the plaid jacket visible on that computer screen is YOU - taking a picture of US!

cousin nancy said...

Thanks Mari! Laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

what do you use to do that computer talking, face to face?