Friday, January 25, 2019

Sixteen!

Today has been great, but I really don't have anything exciting to write about. Unless you consider Tony and I cutting up more fire wood.

Tony used the chainsaw, which he has banned me from ever using, which I think is smart and sweet.

Anyway, while Tony happily chained away on his pile of wood I was on the front porch, using the chop-saw to cut too large logs to use in our wood burning stove, into smaller logs. Bottom   Line: We made a lot of noise today.

So even though I think our day was great, but somewhat boring—our four-leggers found our work more than exciting. Because Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) had a blast rolling around in the sawdust and then trying in vain to shake-off their matching sawdust covered sweaters.

Roy Rogers, Beau Bridges and Henry Standing Bear worked hard and they helped us by re-stacking the wood pile over and over again.

Late this afternoon, I called my sweet sister Cindy. And after howdies, Cindy said, "It is so weird that you called, because I just finished reading your blog and was thinking of you...."

During our fun conversation, I was telling Cindy how delicious and how easy it was to make—Darlene's Sopapilla Cheesecake dessert and I suggested that she try it. And after we had quit laughing about me making up the story and telling Mari that is was our family's heirloom, secret dessert recipe, Cindy said, "Well, I guess I will have to now since you and I have been carrying around that secret recipe since we were sixteen...."

And that is about it for tonight, because I have to go put another log on the fire. And then with Hazel's help try to vacuum off all of the sawdust that is stuck on The Girl's pretty, pink-striped, wool sweaters.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

karlee3 said...

Cozy and warm night there... and here too... warmer days are coming soon. Have a great night Cousin Nancy and company.. I'll bet your fur babies are snug as a bug tonight... ❤

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karlee3! I am definitely for spring to come even though it will only last 6 -7 days. I had a wonderful night and the best part was snuggling with our four-leggers. Thank you for your comment.