Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Plumbing Problems!

Today has been great. This morning I painted the picnic table that Rick and Tony built for me yesterday. And this is a picture of it before I painted it blue, because Tony asked me to paint blue.


I totally love my new, custom, Made In Texas, hanging "plumbing parts" lamp, that Rick, Tony and I built. 

You see, last week I bought this cute, battery operated, made in China lamp for under $20.00. But after we hung it up I was a little disappointed with it, because the light bulb was yellow instead of white and it was not a very bright light at all. And even though it looked like it was made with metal parts it was made of plastic. 


Yesterday, after telling Rick that I wasn't real pleased with my Made In China hanging lamp, because it was all plastic, I had another one of my light bulb moments,

So the three of us, hopped in Roy and went to the Home Depot, so the men could help me make a look-a-like lamp.

Well, it took the three of us and a friendly, helpful Home Depot employee and about thirty-minutes, for us to find all of the parts we needed to construct our Made In Texas metal lamp. And here is a picture of all of the plumbing parts it took for us to put this thing together. And please note that we have the lamp already partially assembled and that it is Rick's hand resting on the kitchen island, while we were debating over plumbing problems.


It should have been easy for us to make this lamp, but the three of us all had our own ideas on how to put this thing together. And we probably wasted about thirty minutes debating on what went where and why it should go there.

Near the end of our "You Light Up My Life" project we had a few wiring problems, so Tony volunteered to go to the Medina Ace Hardware, so he could buy a new wall plug. And after he got back to Big Foot Ranch—he and Rick finished connecting the cord to the wall plug and then they hung it up for me. So now it is a perfect reading lamp.


I know you can't see the lamp very well from the picture above, but here are two close ups of it. 



Now our one-of-a-kind Made In Texas lamp, matches the fixture, in our kitchen, because it also came out of our trailer, when we moved over here. And we would not have used it if I had not been lucky enough to find it, packed away, inside one of our moving boxes, still stored in the barn.

I was so thrilled about having found this light fixture with it's lamp shade, but Tony and Rick were not as thrilled about it as I was, because they had one heck of a time disassembling it and trying to remove the bolted-on shade— and then having to take the time to rethread our custom made lamp, one more time. But as far as I'm concerned it was well worth it, even though Tony and Rick may disagree with me.


Anyway that is about it for today, but I want to show you how our painted blue picnic table turned out. I love it, but not as much as I love our new lamp.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

4 comments:

Fay said...

NANCY!! You need to get a page on Etsy and sell those hanging plumbing lights, they would go like hotcakes, and for a lot of $$! I love it and would definitely buy one from you.
Hope you're enjoying your week and conserving your ice cream stash LOL
Your picnic table is beautiful, I love the colour.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I am so glad you like my plumbing lights. I am getting weirded out, because two other people want me to make them one and buy it. Maybe I will make a couple and see if they sell.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy, you should try a hot fudge malt from either Dairy Queen, Baskin Robbins or Braums. If you like that ice cream from HEB I bet you would enjoy a hot fudge malt from any of these places. Susan G from Fort Worth. :)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Cousin Susie! Sounds good, but right now I am intentionally weaning myself off of ice cream, but I will keep this in mind.