Tuesday, April 17, 2018

One Scoop!

Well, Rick arrived about five minutes after I had finished doing our 2017 taxes, so after howdies and hugs we decided to celebrate him being up here with us and for me finally getting our taxes done.

So we sat out on the front porch and declared it—Happy Hour and it was so much fun catching up with Rick's latest news about him leaving Nicaragua and moving back to Port A. Omg, we talked non-stop and Happy Hour ended up lasting two hours or drinking two beers each.

Then like old folks we stopped drinking and ate a pizza, out on the front porch. And during dinner I started feeling guilty about hiding the ice cream from Rick, so after they finished-off the pizza, I came inside, grabbed three bowls, three spoons, an ice cream scoop and our last, precious tub of H-E-B's Limited Edition, Creamy Creations Mexican Hot Chocolate and took everything outside.

After Tony and I told Rick about this delicious ice cream, he served himself one scoop. And moments later, Rick took a second helping of the ice cream. "This is the best ice cream that I've ever eaten!" Rick stated, as he served himself scoop #3.

I was thrilled that Rick loved our ice cream as much as we did, but in the back of my head I was thinking, "Gosh, I hope he doesn't eat anymore." And he must have read my thoughts, because after he ate the third scoop he announced that he was full and could eat no more.

I was so thrilled about Rick not eating anymore of our treasured ice cream, I grabbed the tub, went into the kitchen and took this picture of it, before trying to hide it again, inside the freezer.


I took this picture to show you how much ice cream was left, but I also took this picture to document the amount leftover, so I can prove if Rick eats anymore of it.

Late last night Carol sent me this email:

"I just read your blog. Hide it in the freezer in my barn until Rick Leaves."

Today has been great. Rick helped Tony build a picnic table this morning and this afternoon the three of us went to Home Depot, to buy a lamp kit, so Rick could help me build a lamp. And that is about it for tonight, because Rick just made a lame excuse and went inside The Cabin, so I am fixin' to go over to Carol's ranch pronto and hide the tub of ice cream in her barn.

And if Rick happens to ask me where is the ice cream, I'm going to tell him, "I ate it."

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!  

No comments: