Thursday, April 26, 2018

Fairies!

Yesterday was great. I woke up feeling perky and the first thing I did, after drinking a delicious cup of Donut Shop Coffee—was walk 4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone. Then my perkiness dropped a few notches, because it was a great workout that wore me out.

Late yesterday morning Tony and I went to Kerrville to run a few errands and the first thing we did was head to Wolfmueller's Books, so we could visit our dear friends Sandy & Jon.

Even though we found a parking spot, on Earl Garrett St., as we walked up to the bookstore, I noticed this cute sign, out on the sidewalk, right next door to Sandy & Jon's super-cool bookstore. So I just had to go inside to check out this new business with a great name—The Fairy Moon Emporium.


I asked Tony to go inside with me, but he is not into fairies like I am, so he adios-ed me and went to go visit with our friends.

When I walked inside The Fairy Moon Emporium, this nice, friendly man greeted me, at the door and he welcomed me to shop around. I introduced myself and then he told me his name was Roy. (Always a good sign.) And when I told him that Tony and I live in Medina, he chuckled and said, "I know Tony. I'm from Medina, too. My wife Christy works, at The Old Timer there and...."

After a fun chat with Roy, I started moseying around, The Fairy Moon and I quickly fell in love with this store. Because it had great vibes just like Wolfmueller's Books and The Old Timer have. I also found several eclectic items for sale that really tempted me to buy them, because they would be perfect for The Cabin, but since Tony was right next door—I decided not to, because the day before I had just told him, "Tony, we have way too much stuff. We still have twelve or fifteen boxes of my stuff that we still haven't unpacked. So I'm not going to spend anymore money buying things for The Cabin, until I unpack those storage crates."

Before I adios-ed Roy, I told him, "I just love this store and I am going to tell all of my friends about it. And I am going to blog about it." Roy thanked me for my offer and then he handed me this business card.  



So in return, I gave Roy one of Tony's and my new business cards I designed with all of our important contact information.


When I walked inside Wolfmueller's Books, Tony was sitting, up by the counter, visiting with our good friends. And before I could even say one word, Sandy says, "Don't you love that store?!" And then she and I started talking about how much we loved their inventory. "Nancy, Roy told me yesterday that they already have 13 vendors, waiting in line, to rent a space from them...."

Sadly, I only got a short fun visit with our friends, before their popular bookstore suddenly filled up with customers needing their help. 

So while Sandy & Jon helped customers find books I browsed around looking at books, because if I remember right, I hadn't promised Tony that I wouldn't buy any books. I had just promised him that I would not buy any stuff for The Cabin. And before we adios-ed Jon & Sandy I purchased this book.


I purchased The Broken Spoke: Austin's Legendary Honky-Tonk, because a while back my dear friend Mari had suggested that I read it and also because, a very long time ago, Jim and I used to be friends with Annetta and James White, when we used to embroider their Broken Spoke jackets that they sold. And I also bought it, because so many of our musician friends are in this book, etc. 

When Tony and I got back to Big Foot, Carlton was flashing, on top of my desk. There were two messages. The first one was from Ronnie, "Hello Big Foot. This is Little Foot. Is it raining there?...Call me."

The second message was from sweet Carol. "Tony, Nancy! I just checked the radar and we're fixing to get a lot of rain, thunderstorms and possible hail. I put my truck inside the barn and y'all should come over and put yours in my barn, too...Call me."

Before I called Carol, I looked outside and the sky was dark, the temperature had dropped ten degrees, the wind had started blowing and it had just started to sprinkle. So, Tony and I quickly unloaded some stuff from the back of Roy and while Tony put up our groceries, I picked up Big Al(ice) and put her, on top of the kitchen island.

Please note that I never put Big Al(ice) or Little Debbie, on top of the kitchen island, except when thunderstorms are predicted and from the way Carol sounded—"We're talking severe thunderstorms!"

So while Tony was unplugging everything for me, I put Big Al(ice) in her thunder jacket and gave her one of her tiny, pink "happy pills." Then Tony and I took off in Trigger and Roy, for Carol's ranch, which is less than two minutes away.

While Tony was putting Roy, inside Carol's "safe house" (big barn) Carol came outside to talk to me,  as I waited, inside Trigger, for Tony. 

Omg, Carol and I hadn't even said nine words between the two of us, when the sky lit up real bright and BOOM! The lightning hit so close that it scared both of us. "Carol, get back to your house!"

"Okay!" Carol said. "Look at the horses!" As Carol raced back to her home, I looked behind me and saw our beautiful horses, Rosebud and Maya, running wildly across her ranch to get to her horse barn. They were spooked and they had good reason to be.

Three minutes later, Tony and I parked Trigger, right next to our front yard gate and when we jumped out of Trigger—the flood gates opened and we were totally soaked before we got inside, The Cabin. Needless to say, "All of our dogs were glad to see us."

We had heavy-duty thunderstorms, for over an hour and thankfully it never hailed. The outside temperature had quickly dropped to fifty-three degrees, so to soothe Big Al(ice)'s and my nerves Tony built us a fire, in our wood burning stove. And we spent the rest of the evening staying cozy, inside The Cabin.

Today has been great too, but I am as tired of writing this as I bet you are from reading this. So that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: