Friday, April 6, 2018

Odd-Looking Pie!

Today has been great. The first thing I did this morning, while drinking two cups of delicious Donut Shop coffee, while listening to John Prine and Iris Dement singing In Spite Of Ourselves, one of my favorite songs, was to take down my newly painted, copycat "Restrooms 1mi." sign.


I did this, because I want it, on our front porch Wall of Shame. And after saying, "pretty please" to Tony, I got him to screw it to the siding. So now when our friends come over it will be one of the first things that they see and it will make them laugh.

Since Tony was screwing around, on the front porch, I then asked him to please hang up a license plate for me.


Then Tony started mowing, so I watered my flowers, in the front yard and then took pictures of them.





Well, this afternoon before cooking us lunch I decided that I was no longer on my diet sabbatical and I am totally back on the Weight Watchers wagon, again. It was a very difficult decision for me to make, because we still have four quarts left of that delicious Mexican Hot Chocolate ice cream, safely locked inside the Airstream's freezer. 

Please Note: I wrote the above portion of this post after we ate lunch and before I decided to try to make Carol's totally delicious Magnolia Pie recipe. Because the other day I had purchased the Lemon Extract, buttermilk and Pillsbury Pie Crusts, so I could bake her mouth-watering pie.

But my Magnolia pie is different-looking than Carol's pie, because I had to use a square Pyrex dish to bake it in, because it is the only small, deep dish that will fit, inside my countertop Black & Decker Convection oven. 

And I am naming my odd-looking pie—Cousin Nancy's Pie-R-Squared. (π r squared) And here is a picture of it, before we each ate a slice of it. Or should I say, "A square of it?" 


So I guess I will start Weight Watchers tomorrow. Life is good and sweet.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: